1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darlington: Lazor has a growing rift with players

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinSane, Nov 12, 2014.

1. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...at-a-crossroads-heading-into-crucial-showdown

2. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Translation....

Anyone want to guess which WR's are complaining.....?

Bumrush likes this.
  3. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    So last year they whined and complained about Mike Sherman, now they're whining about Lazor. How about they take a look in the ****ing mirror for once.

4. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Aye carumba!

5. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Good. I'm glad he is toughening up the offense.

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    We already know he is a jerk.

7. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    At some point these players have got to shut up and show up. We arent going to be changing offensive coordinators all the damn time. And thats no excuse to play like crap.

Aquafin, DeDolfan and flip5071 like this.
  8. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't think any of the receivers should be real happy with Lazor.

9. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    This. I was going to say my prime guesses would be Wallace (no deep ball success), Hartline (lack of targets), and Matthews (lack of playing time and targets). I supposed I could see Charles Clay as well.

10. Jagfish

Jagfish Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    This Planet you call Earth
    "Cough"Hartline""Cough"

11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    And at the same time, he shouldn't be real happy with them. They are definitely screwing up a large number of their routes.

Truth is with this kind of change to the system, which is a pretty dramatic one, you're probably going to have to home-grow some receivers specifically for your system. That's what Jarvis Landry is about and they're probably going to have to try and continue that process with another young addition or two in 2015, probably jettisoning Brian Hartline in the process.

12. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    I think theres grounds for Gibson complaining about a lack of targets, and Landry basically being asked to play like he's Davone Bess too.

13. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    We've been inside the redzone 43x (more then anyone else). How about finish the damn drive off with touchdowns and quit complaining?

As for whose complaining, Id bet on Wallace, Hartline, Matthews and Clay (Contract year).

14. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    If this team doesn't make the playoffs this year, I suspect there will be a new OC next year, along with a new HC and several other new coaches for the Dolphins. The reality is that if several of the players on the offense don't buy into Lazor and his coaching style, that eventually shows up on game days.

As much as people want to say that you can't change the head coach or any of the other coaches all the time. The fact is that the game is about the players and not the coaches. I have never seen a coach make a play in the game and if there really is a problem between Lazor and some of the players on the offense. It is the responsibility of Lazor to resolve the issue before it affects the teams play on the field.

15. vt_dolfan

Yeh... I think your going to see a premium on Wrs that play at 100 percent of their potential speed. I was listening to an interview about what kind of players Oregon covets. It isn't.. He runs a 4.3 40 vs a 4.6 40...its..can they run at 4.3 or 4.6 all the time. That's where Landry excels.. He doesnt run a 4.3 but he runs his 4.6 4.7 all the time. He's always flat out.. Which translates to playing very fast

dolfan7171 likes this.
  16. vt_dolfan

I don't think it's Wallace.. If he *****es he doesn't hide about it. He comes right out.

DPlus47 likes this.
  17. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    It's Fuggin Hartline as usual...he is always the one to leak crap to the media and hide about it.

18. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Is he? Its a Catch22. Phins Offense who have not tasted Playoffs suddenly get a SGT Major for an Offensive Co-Ordinator who incidently hasnt got Playoffs and Suberbowls on his CV. After coaching Virginia..not as Head Coach by the way. He was Offensive Co-Ordinator....onto Philly as NOT an Offensive Co-Ordinator but a QB Coach for ONE season then we get him as Offensive Co-Ordinator. Im being the devils advocate here and saying that Lazor is making a rod for his own back by coming in.....acting like he has an instant fix by his apparant supreme knowledge and not caring if he p****s off players in the process. If thats true then once again Philbin needs to be held accountable or at least be asked to answer this.

19. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He also has been pretty complimentary of the offense since training camp. He isn't getting as many deep balls as he'd like, but I think he understands that isn't a system issue, it's a personnel issue.

20. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Has Wallace said it's a player issue?

21. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    It's not like we have a spectacular bevy of offensive talent - but we are putting up more points and the offense is the most productive it's been in a long time, so I don't think they should complain.

At the same time this is Lazor's first run as an OC running this offense. So, there will be rough patches. Further, he has Philbin as a HC whose philosophy probably runs counter at times to the actual offense being implemented - so that's another issue he has to deal with.

And, I suspect Lazor is pretty direct in the film room.

The reality is, Hartline is terrible this year and he's never been much more than a reliable 10-12 yards a play guy with no RAC. He also likely knows at his Cap # next year he's gone. So, he wants to look good to get a better salary next year. Likely feels a lot of pressure. Too bad, I think the other guys are as good or better and if we add in another WR next year - with more playmaking ability - this could really be a very good offense.

22. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Its amazing what one loss in 4 weeks will do to a fans confidence through the media. Where were these stories for the past month?. Nothing like a heartbreaking loss to make the media build controversy around it like blood thirsty sharks. Whatever was said and/or text messaged was probably in the heat of the moment responses. If there are players that are stirring the pot and pouting, tough sh!t...do your job.

23. Roll Tide

Roll Tide New Member

Sep 22, 2014
    About time for Tannehill to get called out again.

24. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I see Lazor's laying the groundwork for leaving Miami to be a HC somewhere.

25. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    What has he done to earn that?

26. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    We don't have size or leaping ability on offense, it's something we've been missing since foolishly trading Marshall away.

27. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Didn't need one last year when Miami was good in the redzone

28. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Jeff Darlington's statement that Joe Philbin and Bill Lazor aren't allowing Ryan Tannehill to audible at the line of scrimmage is a radioactive claim.

It's a more significant and potentially damaging claim than claims that Lazor's abbrasiveness is wearing thin on players. That at least can be understood in the wake of a tough loss.

But when he said that Philbin and Lazor aren't letting Tannehill audible, he set the weasel in the chicken coop.

Boik14 likes this.
  29. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Exactly. How many drops have they had? They run the wrong routes a lot also.

30. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I don't know if Lazor trusts all of these guys, like most coaches he probably wants "his guys" and if he's here for a few more drafts I think most of the vets, perhaps even Tannehill are going to be gone. One thing is for sure, winning cures everything so another winning streak and everyone will be happy.

Bpk likes this.
  31. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Reports of unhappiness always follow a loss... beat the bills and move on.

Bpk likes this.
  32. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Good so I know to keep my expectations low for tomorrow. Good timing guys!

33. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    everytime we lose...........there is a rift. Anyone else noticing this stupid ****?

77FinFan and Piston Honda like this.
  34. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

They know they have a Buick, that's being driven like a Yugo.

35. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    or it's convenient bull****.

36. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Or its a...

Nevermind, you're probably right.

37. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I don't have a hard time believing hartline, gibson, and Mathews aren't thrilled to be out there. The ball does not come their way. Wallace, Landry and clay see almost all the balls while those other three do not.

Not that that gives them a right to complain, but I get it

ToddPhin likes this.
  38. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    I think it's fine to want, or even need to a limited degree home-grown talent for certain positions, but I don't think it explains a lot of what is going on. Chip Kelly sat there and got a career best out of Desean Jackson, and is now getting it out of Jeremy Maclin.

Mike Wallace isn't the dumpster fire he was in 2013, but he's still a disappointment and everyone else is looking markedly worse. What should be a strength of the team has been turned on its ear, and I think it's a problem.

I'm not even so sure that Jarvis Landry is being developed particularly well. He's coming on reasonably quick but is he really a guy who is limited to such a shallow depth of target?

39. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Hartline has no reason to complain. He's played like chicken **** this season. Gibson and Matthews can be unhappy about snaps for sure. Though Gibson was beaten out by a rookie so I don't feel his pain. Matthews should probably be playing for Hartline more often.

Clay can also STFU if its him. Maybe if he catches the balls that come his way his #'s will be more impressive.

ToddPhin likes this.
  40. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Great observation. Every time we lose the media goes to their BS subversive tactics, such and such coach is losing the team, Coyle, Philbin, now Lazor. It's predictable and it's garbage. There's not a team in the league that doesn't have guys unhappy with this, that or the other. Guys argue, complain, often fight, then they go out and play like nothing happened.

RGF likes this.