1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daryl Richardson released!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phoenician Fan, May 15, 2014.

1. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350584/article/daryl-richardson-cut-by-st-louis-rams

I had him in fantasy leagues the last two years. Last year was a huge disappointment as he struggled with injuries all year. Durability is undoubtedly the reason for his release because Richardson can flat out wiggle and jiggle his way around and through defenders like few can.

He had some seriously explosive runs his rookie season and looked like Chris Johnson in his heyday at times.

Freak athlete with a 40+ vertical and an 11.3 broad jump, he ran a 4.46 at his pro day.

The thing about most guys like this is that when they do get dinged up and lose that edge that their freak athleticism gives them, they are ineffective.

Still, I think we would be nuts not to bring him in to compete with Gillislee and Thigpen.

Doubt he gets far on waivers though.

Thoughts?

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I never thought much of him, even when healthy personally.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be an upgrade over someone though.

3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Id rather sign Ronnie Brown who is still available.

RevRick, Puka-head and Silverphin like this.
  4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I think Ronnie would want more than he's worth though. If I could get Ronnie Brown at Daniel Thomas prices, I take it.

5. pmj

pmj New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    His contract last year was only 1 year 1 million. That's like 1/5th of Finnegans lol.

JPPT1974 and Silverphin like this.
  6. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Not that I think highly of Richardson... But I would take Richardson over Brown every day of the week. At least one has potential when we are talking about a third or fourth back.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  7. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 2022 Mother's Day and May Flowers!

Apr 15, 2012
    Richardson when healthy can be awesome. But it is indeed about injuries and being durable. That really is a red flag.

8. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    There are going to be quite a few RB cuts who are probably better options than what we have in our backfield. We have a meh, injury-prone veteran and very little depth...I mean, the bar is pretty low (Thomas, Thigpen, Gills - ugh).

I'd keep an eye on Tampa, StL, Frisco, and Seattle particularly, to see who falls off those depth charts. But also Cleveland, New England, Washington. A lot of crowded backfields out there that will have stiff competition while we can barely find even 3 guys worthy of NFL snaps.

Hickey's Bucs did snag Mike James in the 6th last year and Bobby Rainey off waivers...and both had 100yd games. It'd be awesome if he could pull off that kind of find for us here. Maybe one of the UDFAs?

9. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Richardson has shown oodles more than Lamar Miller, sooooo.

10. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

This just means he won't be ready to compete by the time decisions need to be made.

11. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Tampa has a loaded backfield and already cut RB/KR Michael Smith, who I think is an upgrade from Thigpen at the least. 3rd year player from Utah St where he backed up Robert Turbin. 5'9 205 and runs low 4.3. Oddly enough I actually brought up is name last year as a guy who would get left out of a crowded backfield, but then he had a foot ligament injury and went on IR.

I think he's worth a look, especially given the possible Hickey connection. Has a little pinball to him to go along with that top-end speed, steps out of ankle tackles. Reminds me of LaMichael James a little. This is like the only YouTube stuff of him I found, and I apologize: whoever made/edited this video did a pretty awful job.

[video=youtube;jH-L2_0GkEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH-L2_0GkEU[/video]

12. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Can Richardson block?

13. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Is Ronnie Brown 32 years old?

It's not like I'd expect Daryl Richardson to supplant Knowshon Moreno... just compete with Lamar Miller for the change of pace back.

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Haven't watched the dude, I thought you were talking about the cardinal middle backer..brain fart here.

15. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I've been high on James since last season. One of those Randy Shannon guys who never got to their full potential. I'd trade a fifth or maybe a fourth for him. With Martin, Rainey, and Sims (3rd round pick) as well, someone is expendable. I'd much rather James than Rainey.

Next year we can just say **** it and draft Duke Johnson and go full Miami.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

16. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    We wish!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

17. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland