1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David Garrard question. . . .

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Aug 22, 2010.

Would we have won without David Garrard leaving the game?

1. Yes

91.7%
  2. No

8.3%
  1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    We played much better against Jax and had a lot of bright spots. Here's the question: Would we have lost this game if David Garrard stayed in the game? (After all we only won by a point.)

2. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    No, when the first stringers came out of the game we were up. The only stop their defense got on us was that punt that pinned us into the endzone. Our Defense seemed to be holding them enough.

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I thought McCown played very well early on. I doubt Garrard would have made much difference had he stayed in for the rest of the half.

4. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    We stayed healthy, and our offense rebounded in a big way from last week. I'm not overly concerned with what a preseason scoreboard says.

Next week, I don't care if we win or lose... I want to see our young corners and our backup offensive linemen have a better performance.

Trowa likes this.
  5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas indeed. We won the game, end of story IMVHO. When our starters went out we were blowing the Jags out. 'Nuff said.

6. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    If both teams starters play that game we win by at least two TDs. To me that was fairly obvious.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  7. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    who gives a damn, its preseason and garrard or not, we won the game, he got injured, given the way thigpen played, the guy you said is better than henne...

8. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    For the record, and in case you didn't get it the first time, and apparently you didn't - I never said that Thigpen was better than Henne. I said I liked his style better. He is more mobile and can spread a defense out better because of it. Mobile QB's can play head games with S's and LB's that non mobile QB's can't and passing lanes open up because of it. I like Thigpen because of his style.

9. jaxdolfan

jaxdolfan Journeyman

Apr 16, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    We probably would have won. Garrard got the wind knocked out of him. He got hit, got up, sort of bent at the waist, and then went down holding his stomach. The trainers brought him to the sideline and never even sat him down for any kind of evaluation. I thought he would come back in. He was surely able to come in.

The crowd clapped a little when Garrard walked off. They absolutely roared when McCown trotted in to play. Truth is...this town knows what Garrard is... a mediocre QB who locks on to his receiver after the ball is snapped, throws late so that the% of the time and has very poor long passing ability.

They want a QB controversy...someone, unlike Cleo Lemon, to push Garrard or supplant him. Del Rio, OTOH, knows he and Garrard are married. They both got extensions after Garrard's one good caretaker, playoffs via the running game, season and are on the hot seat. Del Rio will stick with Garrard (drafted by Coughlin) until the bitter end.

One other point...other than the first series, 2 of the Jags starting DL were out (Kampmann and AluAlu). On Pennington's drive, about half of the Jags D were 2nd teamers.

Trowa likes this.
  10. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

David Garrard does not play Defense.

11. jaxdolfan

jaxdolfan Journeyman

Apr 16, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    You are correct.