1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Davone Bess not tendered ???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolfan4Life, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    What about Davone Bess, he is an Exclusive-Rights Free Agent but wasn't tendered yet!? What time will the deadline to tender him expire? What's the deal with him, is there a contract extension in plan or is our fo just stupid not to tender our (by far) best wr!? If we won't tender him he'll become a free agent and can sign with anybody else and that would be a big mistake!!! :pity:

2. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Since he's an EFA I don't think we need to tender him as such, it's more a case of "here's the 1 year EFA deal, take it or you don't play next year."
    I'd also take it as implied he has signed/will sign the new deal, the only way he becomes a FA is if we cut him.

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I would be really really surprised if the FO let's him go anywhere.
    And to the OP, I really love Bess, and have since he was a Rainbow Warrior, but I wouldn't call him our absolute best WR :wink2:

4. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    he has no leverage, and there was no need to tender him ... maybe next year is different - but not this year.

5. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Well as an EFA, the only way someone can claim him is if we flat out cut him from what I understand.

So going into FA, no one can offer him any sort of deal unless we do that. So we can dangle him about in FA for a bit until we get an idea what our finances look like, and then start contract talks with him

6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    this
    either he plays for the Dolphins next season or he doesnt play
    the term exclusive rights free agent means exactly what it states