1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day after comments from our coaches.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Dec 17, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Sherman makes fun if himself for playing Ryan Tannehill at receiver..says to himself, " I can't believe I played him at receiver"

Went with Brenner as the starter because he likes having garner gets reps everywhere and Brenner focusing on one position, also added that Brenner played pretty good against the steelers.

I've said a few time on the board that even though we lost to the saints, I stated there were things I saw in that first half that were so encouraging, they way we handled the crowd on the road, the way Ryan came out firing darts, it was good to hear Sherman say that he thought we blew an oppurtunity in that game, he said the score might not indicate it,but we had a chance in that game to win it..really liked what we did in the first half.

Said Ryan is a work in progress, he's consistent at getting a little better each week, told him on the practice field while Ryan was explaining a route to one of his receivers, " you had a pretty smart coach to play you at receiver huh"

Something I've been wanting to talk about he mentioned today....mike Wallace..the leader..I think the guy has something about him that makes others around him think better about themselves and more confident as a team...maybe it's a feeling of playing with a highly talented skillset,one thing I've always heard and continue to hear, is how great a teammate this guy is..

Sherman talks about how mike Wallace sparked that offense and the team, on the sideline..also talked about how he opens things up for others, then when they put Talib on Clay for a few plays he burned them.

Joe Philbin made the call to go for it...zac Taylor called the play.

Joe was asked about his relationship with pat Riley, joe says he only met him one time and was very impressed with the man, his accomplishments, his intelligence and class, and he wishes Pat luck this season.

Joe walked into his pool..he didn't jump.

joe is asked about his thoughts on mike Thomas and the process if how he got here, was it you or Jeff Ireland that brought him in....he says, our personnel dept and us made a collective decision, we always work as a team, this is a prospect they had identified, then our guys looked at him and thought it would be in the best interest of the team to do it.

Philbin talks about how Belicek will call random timeouts when he thinks the other team has found a rhythm, said he looked at the Cleveland game and how they did it, he said we did it because it was fourth down, we had a bunch of young guys in there, and he wanted to see how they lined up...hey joe, wished you would of thought like that in the Carolina game....looks like someone learned a lesson....pissass.

Wow...reporter asks joe, how do like the phrase " control your own destiny"... Joes response, I'm not sure what context your talking about Steve, were focused on the buffalo bills, we told the team we need to prepare hard, this is a good team, and all we have to do is throw on the tape the last time we played them..

He was dead freakin serious.

Mike Thomas got 0 reps in practice..scout team only.

Coyle is so different in his approach than Philbin..Coyle was asked how does it feel to best the pats, he's like it's great!!! He's so excited...not with philbster man, he ain't gonna let you know that the win is any more important than any other W..

Coyle talks about being in the press box talking with coach blue about Thomas, Coyle was shouting out plays wanting to know what they guy could play in, blue was like yeah, he can do it!!!, he's smart!!! Coyle was like but he's been here for two days..lol.

I hate the word surreal..it's so overused...Coyle goes there on describing the last drive..

Jelani Jenkins had a good game and Coyle would like to build off that..didn't rule out taking more reps from wheeler.

Peace..

xphinfanx, evz, Brasfin and 11 others like this.
  2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    and the field goal attempt where the snap hit Fields in the facemask was a fake. Interesting one too, looking at the replay. Both ends were going out on patterns (Trusnick and Shelby?) I reckon Fields was going to pitch it to Sturgis for the first down pitch to the right. Watch Sturgis as the ball is being snapped, he's heading that way. But Philbin said no comment :lol:

Bpk likes this.
  3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

:bighug: for little bro DJ

djphinfan likes this.
  4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Good stuff.

Gotta build on it.

Momentum for playoffs.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I like mike Thomas's body.it will be interesting to see whether he gets exposed or his talent was underestimated by his college coach.

6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I think he has the ball skills and instincts for nickel back. We may have a real keeper here. I think he was downgraded for being a guy just under 5'10 and 185 who runs a 4.51 forty.

7. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    SF REALLY wanted to keep him, now not absolute guarentee but is a good sign of a good player. That 1st play vs Amendola was what caught my eye, the ability to break up a pass once wr gets it in his hands saved that game as much as the int.

8. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Yeah, I sort of wonder how Miami will view him, is he a CB or a S? Jimmy Wilson was about the same type of build/athleticism when Miami drafted him. Miami's seemed to prefer bigger safeties, and with the way Chris Clemons has played this year, I'd do everything I could to bring him back. I think with Thomas you could certainly plug him in there for depth and let him play in sub-packages when you bring Reshad Jones close to the LOS. Certainly doesn't hurt with Carroll, Grimes, and I believe R.J. Stanford all being free agents. Factor in Patterson's looking like a cap-casualty and I think you can certainly expect Thomas on the roster in 2014.

Justin Rogers, the other guy Miami signed last week with Thomas, might be worth a look too. If anything, he's a direct replacement for Stanford on special teams if that's what it comes to.

9. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Interesting that the 4th down play was Taylor's

10. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    That's pretty interesting statement....wonder what Ireland's perspective/answer would have been if asked that question.

11. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie

of course you do