1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing for Brandon Marshall is a necessary evil

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  2. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    thats great if he can stay out of trouble...I would have rather had dez

3. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007

what if dez was another ginn? willing to risk two first round wr busts?

4. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    the thing about Dez is this... hes not squeaky clean either... and if you draft him at 12 you are PRAYING he ends up being a Brandon Marshall... but he can also be a Charles Rogers, or any number of busts, or just an average decent WR like a Jericho Cotchery...

at best Dez Bryant becomes the talent that Brandon Marshall is... and now you got that Marshall without using this first round pick... yes there is baggage, but Dez has some too, both are gambles in their own right... but Brandon is not a gamble when it comes to producing on the football field

5. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I was against BM before, but after reading a bit about his offenses, they seem REALLY stupid.

I'm sorry, if Ben Roethlisberger can get away with sexually assaulting two women, then Brandon Marshall's DROPPED charges shouldn't be a big issue. The only big one I see that came during his pro career was back in 2007, DUI. Other than that, he's just got minor nonsense. And he's been free of incident from the looks of this article for over a year. There's a good case to be made that at 26 he's grown up finally:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall#Legal_trouble

And no, that's not me advocating that Domestic Violence is a minor issue. But after looking that over it looks like it's being blown out of proportion, and nothing more than a back and forth.

Edit: Oh, and while you're there have a quick scroll down to look at those records. That makes the whole legal trouble thing a lot easier to swallow.

6. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    So happy to wake up and see MARSHALL TO MIAMI on the sports center sidebar.

7. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    The two players are not even comparable when talking about "baggage". One has a criminal record, the other has problems knowing that time it is.

8. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    and also lied to NCAA investigators... and has maturity issues...

but i did not say their baggage was the same... i said both have some, and both are gambles in their own right...

9. Michael PHINley23

Michael PHINley23 New Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I like how everyone automatically assumes that Dez would still be available at 12, and that he will be some instant star receiver out the gate. We just got a top 3 player at his position who is only 26 and people are complaining that we should've crossed our fingers and hoped things shook out so that Dez would be available at 12. Dez Bryant's CEILING is Brandon Marshall of right now. Brandon Marshall's ceiling has yet to be seen. This guy set an NFL record last year and made the pro bowl, alll while having issues with his coach and upper management, and missing some of training camp... Who does that?!

We made the right choice, people. He's the real deal.

EdSta74 and andres2882 like this.