1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with a break up

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by PerfectTeam, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

good job!

PerfectTeam likes this.
  2. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008

Get one of these
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-...ocaster-Electric-Guitar-105766901-i1502369.gc

And one of these
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922877-i1413607.gc

And you'll never look back.....

PerfectTeam likes this.
  3. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Wish I could play guitar lol. I've got panda bear hands as my friends call them and they aren't the best for guitar. I might get a recorder though lol.

4. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Thanks. We've actually been talking everyday, trying to be friends. It's hard, but it makes her real happy. I'm not that ok with that, but all I ever wanted is for Sara to be happy and it sounds like she is in a much better place now.

5. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Be careful with that. Just because it "makes her happy" doesn't mean it makes YOU happy. And YOU need to be priority #1...not her. That doesn't mean you go out of your way to be mean or mess with her, it just means that your happiness comes #1. "talking" almost always leads to other things. Whether it be her leading you on, jerking you around, or even giving it another shot (which TRUST ME you don't want to do in this case...you can NEVER trust this girl). None of those are good for you and your long-term health.

I dated my ex for 4.5 years, and we were friends for 2 years before that. She was almost all that I knew. We broke up, and I moved on. She started calling again and eventually we gave it another shot. It was great for awhile...but I was smart..played it cautious..and sure enough, about 6 months into it old habits started to pop up. To this day I keep in VERY loose contact with her. In "loose" contact I mean that she calls, emails, and texts, and usually only gets a one word, or one sentence reply. I don't hate her, don't wish her ill, but if I were to start talking to her on the phone again know where my head would start going (she actually called today, I made a concious effort to not pick up the phone for this very reason). She was a big part of my life, but from this point forward she is only in my life on my terms. Any interaction with me comes when and where i want it. She doesn't "NEED" me in her life any more than I "NEED" her. It was great, she was hot (WAAAAAY hotter than I am), smart, fun, but our relationship ran it's course. Any over the top attempt to stay in contact or dictate terms of us being in contact are selfish acts by her. She had my love once and abused it. I don't kid myself that when she calls me part of it is to get an ego boost to herself. It's not a mean spirited thing...it's natural...but it's true.

Quite honestly, keeping in touch with her can throw me off. Makes me think of old times through a "I haven't been laid in awhile" lens and envision it WAAAAY better than it was. Gets my mind roaming, and I have to work to set it back on course. It's unfair to me and it would be unfair to anyone whom I get in a relationship with in the future to let an ex keep calling around. So I maintain an amicable relationship like I would an ex-friend. I'm nice, but maintain a healthy distance. It's better that way.

aesop and PerfectTeam like this.
  6. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Yea I agree. For a couple of days, I thought we were getting back together. We were talking, it was like we were back to how we used to be and to be honest I got my hopes up. She threw out that she is glad we are friends friday night and I kind of realized that we weren't getting back together at all. It's messing with my head.

7. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I am sorry to say that "messing with your head" may in fact be her goal. Face it, she wants to feel good about dumping you but still thinking of you as a friend. You want a "special" friend. I feel like a broken record, but cut ties and move on!

PerfectTeam likes this.
  8. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I'm trying to. It's just hard because this is the first woman I have fallen in love with. This is woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and settle down and make a family. It's hard to say you can't be in my life anymore. It's a lot to think about.

Ohiophinphan likes this.
  9. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Gotta do all you can to rediscover yourself and regain any lost anonymity in order to break any codependency issues.

10. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Yea, I'm definitely trying. I'm keeping Sara at arms length right now because if I let her back in and it's just going to keep me in that vicious cycle of being happy for awhile and then my heart breaking all over again. I'm really re-discovering some love I lost for some things. I used to be a top 100 junior tennis player in FL and gave it up after high school. I took it up again and I am so psyched to be back on the court. I'm back into tournaments hopefully. So maybe this break up does have a silver lining.

Ohiophinphan likes this.
  11. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    The first part of what you just said is exactly what I'm doing and it sucks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    So from what I've read I gather you're still speaking with your ex? I'm not sure why you're in contact with her period. Look at things in a what does this get me approach----->leads to protecting yourself.

E.g.

Talking with her reasoning:

- To get back together: Should not be an option, her interest in you is gone, you're a backup for ego stroking, manipulation...
    - As friends: She did not have respect for you and kept you around until she decided he was the better option. This was never a friendship it was a relationship and going back to being friends is stupid. You need real friendships, not burnt out ones with people who didn't respect you.
    - Because you want to see her do well: Believe me the way she runs things, you won't have to worry about that.
    - Simple communication: What does it give you? You look at it as kindness, she sees it as weakness after what she did to you.