DeAngelo Hall: 'Nobody' Better Than Xavien Howard

13 replies

SceetoSceetoForum VeteranOP
Jul 22, 2019, 06:48 PM

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/deangelo-hall-nobody-better-than-xavien-howard

Pretty cool. Check out the vid.

DeAngelo Hall, a three-time Pro Bowl selection during his 14-year NFL career with the Falcons, Raiders and Redskins, was asked on “Good Morning Football” which cornerback was better than Howard.

“Nobody.”

He went on to explain.

“Now, there’s some guys that do things different,” Hall said. “But you gotta get the ball. You gotta get the ball. I was always a corner who got the ball, so if you want to get to the top of my list, you gotta get the football.”

“I don’t know if people are giving me the kind of love that I’m giving him, but right now he’s playing some of the best football that any corner in the National Football League is playing,” Hall said. “That goes for Pat Pete (Patrick Peterson); that goes for Jalen Ramsey, because the neutralizer is this kid gets the ball.
“This kid right here is something really special.”

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 23, 2019, 03:49 AM

Man has this dude exceeded my own personal expectations, I thought he would be good but didn’t think pro bowl elite type stuff, I didn’t see that extra gear in the deep half of the field..He does have an uncanny knack to magnetize to the ball when it’s in range.

thetylernatorthetylernatorForum Veteran
Jul 23, 2019, 12:35 PM

That 2016 draft class is looking pretty spicy. Tunsil and Howard may very well be the best in the league at their respective positions, and if not, they're going to be very soon. Kenyan Drake, Jakeem Grant, and Jordan Lucas have found success to varying degrees. Outside of the botched Carroo selection, props to Chris Grier and Mike Tannenbaum. Can't ask for much more than coming away with two All-Pro's in a single class.

invidinvidSupporter
Jul 23, 2019, 12:54 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Man has this dude exceeded my own personal expectations, I thought he would be good but didn’t think pro bowl elite type stuff, I didn’t see that extra gear in the deep half of the field..He does have an uncanny knack to magnetize to the ball when it’s in range.

Same here, and he might not have it to be honest. He's made up for it in other ways though and I think he got his start at corner late in his career. His offseason footwork videos are a joy to watch.

PAPaulyForum Veteran
Jul 23, 2019, 07:42 PM

You know, I have long said we should have traded up for Myles Jack rather than wait for Xavien at our slot. Not because X wasn’t a good player, just that we had more need at LB than at CB. I think I might have to admit the team made the right decision.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jul 23, 2019, 07:48 PM

Real recognizes real.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jul 23, 2019, 10:02 PM

"Pauly wrote:

You know, I have long said we should have traded up for Myles Jack rather than wait for Xavien at our slot. Not because X wasn’t a good player, just that we had more need at LB than at CB. I think I might have to admit the team made the right decision.

I wanted to do the same, and Myles jack is a great player, but you make a good point, can’t go wrong with what he did.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Jul 24, 2019, 11:39 AM

Madden has him rated an 81 lol. Not even in the top 10 at his position.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jul 24, 2019, 12:33 PM

"Pauly wrote:

You know, I have long said we should have traded up for Myles Jack rather than wait for Xavien at our slot. Not because X wasn’t a good player, just that we had more need at LB than at CB. I think I might have to admit the team made the right decision.

We did trade up for X

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

invidinvidSupporter
Jul 24, 2019, 04:07 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

We did trade up for X

It was widely reported we traded up to get Myles Jack. He was picked 4 picks (IIRC) before us. Xavien Howard was the consolation prize. Win-win for us thus far.

PAPaulyForum Veteran
Jul 24, 2019, 04:32 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

We did trade up for X

I had forgotten that. In my mind I was thinking of the picks we spent in trading up for Leonte Carroo. That was before Carroo turned out to be a bust, more on team needs.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Jul 24, 2019, 05:41 PM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

Madden has him rated an 81 lol. Not even in the top 10 at his position.

EA is on crack this year..

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jul 24, 2019, 09:10 PM

"Pauly wrote:

I had forgotten that. In my mind I was thinking of the picks we spent in trading up for Leonte Carroo. That was before Carroo turned out to be a bust, more on team needs.

Leonte was for future picks.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Jul 25, 2019, 01:27 AM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

EA is on crack this year..

This year? EA isnt on crack, EA is the crack house.