1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

December 19, 2007

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phinnhedd, Nov 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    December 19, 2007.

What does that date mean to you?

What it means to me, is the day the Wayne Huizenga made one of his best decisions. The day Dolphins fans had been waiting for. The day that we all knew that the Dolphins organization was going to be heading in the right direction finally.

Bill Parcells was hired that day, and ever since then has worked to turn things around in Miami. He quickly gathered the pieces of the puzzle, bringing in Head Coach Tony Sparano, Offensive Coordinator Dan Henning, Defensive Coordinator Paul Pasqualoni, among others. Most were keys in helping turn his previous regime around in Dallas.

His fingerprints are all over the Miami franchise, as is evident through the draft, free agents, and waiver wire. He's rebuilt this franchise into a contender. Most fans want to have voluntary amnesia regarding last season as the Dolphins went 1-15. Fact is, Bill is helping that out a lot.

I have to give credit where credit is due, and that is to the Big Tuna Bill Parcells. Thank you very much, we have already quadrupled last seasons win record, and are all cautiously optimistic about the remaining schedule.

With Tony Sparano at the reigns of coaching duty, he has been HUGE as to how the players have responded. Much props to Tony as well. We're competing at a high level, beating very good teams. It's been a very bumpy road the first half of the season, but the identity of this team is starting to show: tough, strong, and capable of putting away games when it counts.

The culture of the team has changed, so have many personnel. I can't help but get excited when I look at the remaining schedule, and last year if we were playing the same teams I probably wouldn't have the same outlook.

Thanks for changing the culture in the locker room Bill and Tony, and thanks for changing the culture of the fanbase. Thanks for the HOPE.

brandon27, MS4FINS, Loyal Fin and 6 others like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Nice post....Read the avatar!!!!

I like many knew he was the best man for the job....The man is an incredible leader and exudes a personality that is all about tough men playing a game.

A couple of months ago Bill did an interview with supposed superstar reporter andrea kramer for the HBO show with bryant gumbel.

I watched that interview several times and was in awe at how he was so much smarter then anything she could come up with, he made her look like an ametuer and she desreved it.

He is a man that demands you play the right way, smart and tough.

Just look at the pathetic Dallas cowboys,while watching that show hard knocks, you could see the lack of dispiline on the team, if that team had Bill guiding its ship they would be unstoppable. Jerry jones...the business of football and winning games is completely different then the oil business.....you will pay the consequences of letting your ego get in the way.

Respect The code Baby!!!!!

phinnhedd likes this.
  3. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    His track record is impeccable. And he's not stopping short of his reputation this year. The guy knows how to get it done, and he's doing it.

How many guys have there been in the NFL like Bill? I can't think of any, and I can't believe he's a part of the Miami Dolphins.

4. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    Let's hope the new owner leaves Bill alone and lets him do whatever he needs to. I want Parcells to be in Miami untill he takes his last breath and a meddlesome owner could easily piss off Parcells and send him packing.

Agua and phinnhedd like this.
  5. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    From what i've read Stephen Ross is a Miami Dolphins fan, and I hope he knows Bill's capabilities. Please leave him alone Mr. Ross!!

6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I cant believe it either...

Whats also great about our situation is that he chose Jeff and Tony as his prodigy's...we are in great hands long term, there is no upgrade for those two anywhere. I also think that as long as bill is alive he will consult our guys.

7. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL

I kinda hope Tony is a spitting image of Bill Parcells. Ability to evaluate, motivate, and generate the same way. Am I asking too much? :lol:

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Thats a great point, i think i heard that ross was a giant fan back in the day when bill was there.

Its awesome, he is going to rebuild us into a modern day version of the NY giants back in the day. Those were bad *** men playing a game.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I dont know if anyone remembers but there was a point in the fourth quarter of yesterdays game where the offense sputtered on a three and out or somethin...it was hilarious watching the players run off the field, Tony was staring them down and the players chose a different path and kept their heads down the whole time...it....was....beautiful.

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    That was the best day after B-Day present I've gotten so far.