1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defense

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Moves, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Moves

Moves Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    I understand everyone is pissed off about yesterday, trust me, so am I. But for as much flaming of the defense that I see, and deservedly so, they didn't give up a TD yesterday and we lost. This loss is strictly on the offense, regardless how grossly overpaid some of the defense may be.

Just being a voice of reason.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  2. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stop trying to be rational.

The TOS clearly state that days after losses are reserved for endless *****ing, whining, and demanding that the GM be fired.

3. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Defense played excellent in the 2nd half.
    They made key stops to get the ball back. Twice we had the chance to win the game and failed. The loss falls squarely on the offense.

On thing to note as well is the Wanny ball that Gailey played in the 2nd half that almost cost the Bills the game.

Moves likes this.
  4. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Good job getting to the ball Jimmy Wilson, now make the catch. Sean Smith forces a fumble but doesn't wrap up the ball carrier to prevent him from recovering it. Reshad Jones forces a fumble and no one is there to jump on it. Dan Carpenter, again. Davone Bess, please don't stand there and let the defense catch the ball right in your face. Nolan Carrol, this is football, not dancing with the stars. Grab the guy briefly to find out where he is, then let go. These are game changing plays b/c our margin for error is microscopic to begin with. Gawd I cant wait for the draft. Grab a couple play makers on offense and we will mash teams like Buffalo.

5. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Reshad Jones is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. He had a heck of a game and continues to get better each week.

Again though, this defense left plays on the field. 1.5 opportunities to make crucial interceptions. Dansby made a great play on the ball, if he picked that, it would've been spectacular. That is why it is only half a missed opportunity.

I don't know about you guys, but I can't watch these long third downs anymore when we get good pressure only to see a QB scramble for 15 yards after lose containment.

All in all, defense played well enough to win. Offense, played well enough to lose to a high school team.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  6. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Ray Edwards was released by the Falcons, could be a low risk inexpensive pickup.

7. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    LMFAO. And you have the nerve to question Jeff Ireland....:pity:

8. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Your right, they should re-sign Rey Feinga or Ryan Baker. Or better yet Legadu Naanee, David Garrard, Artis Hicks, Gary Guyton, Tyrell Johnson, Chad Johnson, or Jamal Westermen.

9. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Someone posted after the game that Dansby said he's been playing with a torn biceps for the past few weeks (since the Jets game I think). Same injury shut down Jake Long last year. Anyone else hear that?

10. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think there is some grounds for criticism on the defense as of late. The tackling has been bad, and Starks/Soliai/Dansby/Burnett have been on the losing end vs. the opposing offensive line in the run game the last two weeks in a row.

The problem with Edwards is he's way more of a LDE-only guy than Cameron Wake is.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    it's true, it's probably why he looks inept trying to get both arms up to catch..

12. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Yep, that's what I heard reported too.

Defense only gave up 12 points against Buffalo, not bad. The main thing missing is what has been missing for a while on defense, NO turnovers. Going -3 on turnovers makes a loss almost guaranteed.