1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defensive Woes Against Top 5 Passing Attacks Have Attributed to Most Losses...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Disnardo, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Hello fellow Fin fans... I posted this in the Club, and thought it also deserves to be here...

Nothing new here for most who already knew this, I apologize if this is just old news... Not necessarily criticizing an area of the team, but maybe opening the eyes as to what the Dolphin's FO already know...

Over most of the year our Defense has been known as giving up the most points in the 4th quarter, but does that equal to the most passing yards also? I don't know, so that I would leave to others to check if they so like to...

Our Offense is not without some blame for our losses, but the fact that many know the weakenssess of our D, silences some of the critics...so let's go on...

Well, it seems that most of our losses (5 games) have come against teams who Offensively are ranked in the TOP 5 in Passing Yards...

Another interesting note is that all 5 QBs from Indi (#1), Houston, yes Houston (#2), NO (#3), NE (#4), and SD (#5) have averaged over 65% completion this Season... they have averaged 30 TDs, and 13 INTs...

It is safe to also state that 6 out of our 8 losses have been against Passing Offenses ranked in the Top 13 (with Atlanta #13)...

Also like to add that Buffalos and Tennesee's wins, had to do with good game plan from their Offensive coach, at game-planning against our weaknesses and taking advantage when it counted...

No big news that our secondary and LB core are at the heart of all our issues, and it should be no schock to anyone since last year we really played against 5 teams in the TOp 16 in Passing Yards and won only ONE game (Denver)...maybe one of the reasons that this FO targeted the 2ndary on the draft...

Hopefully, we are now seeing what areas need to be targeted in order of improving our winning percentage against Passing Teams...

Here is to a win against Pit... and may the cards fall where they fall...

2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thanks for the post, 'Nardo.

dolfan7171 and Disnardo like this.
  3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Good post.

Disnardo likes this.
  4. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    A top shelf safety in the first round would be great. Some people have been mentioning that Berry guy. Hope we can get him.

I agree, we need a locked down secondary to stop the top passing attacks moving forward. You'll see all those teams in the playoffs. If you have a glaring hole in the secondary it will get exposed and will be tough to win close games against.

Our safety position was that hole in my opinion. Sure the CB's had some bad plays, but their rookies, they should be on the upswing moving into next year. Add a top shelf safety to Smith and Davis and we could be a pain to throw against in the next 3-5 years.

Disnardo likes this.
  5. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    That would be nice but we currently have the most expensive safety tandem in the league.....I'd say it's doubtful they will tie up another dime at that position. I'm afraid we're left with no other choice but praying for big things from Clemons.

The Aqua Crush and Disnardo like this.
  6. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    The more and more I think about it, I'm actually starting to question my own posts. The fact is, we played the best of the best in the NFL this year and we got toasted by the premier playmakers in the NFL so that shouldn't be a surprise. What bothers me is we had the Colts and Saints on the ropes and only needed one more play to knock them out but we couldn't. So then we literally shut down Drew Brees for an entire half, and then we lose a game to Buffalo. Vince Young has a career game against us. Matt Schaub scores 27 on us in one half and then we shut him down completely in the 2nd half. I guess thats the problem with being a young team, inconsistencies.