1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denney vs Chapman???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Puka-head, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I'm dying over here! I can't find anything about what could very well be the most crucial position battle of all this offseason. :chuckle: Seriously, Denney has been balling out the last few seasons. Him Good at Him Job.

All I can find is one liners about how this is still a bubble roster spot. REALLY???

If so...what would it take to get someone to kneecap that little beach Chapman. I'll start the go-fund-me page.

Anyone got any news for me???

KeyFin likes this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Comes down to the money, if they cut Denney.

Maybe we can trade him for a first round pick.

GARDENHEAD, MikeHoncho and dolphin25 like this.
  3. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    you think the market is that good for him?

4. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Haha, he was being hollow.

dolphin25 likes this.
  5. Bpk

No. Joking.

Not sure what the market is for Longsnappers. Never heard of a trade involving one.

6. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    the jets just traded for one

Bpk likes this.
  7. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Browns just lost there LS to an ACL. Trade them Chapman

Bpk, KeyFin and Tin Indian like this.
  8. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

My opinion on Denney is as follows. He is as reliable as a well tuned, well oiled machine. His snaps on punts and placements are as smooth as a Swiss watch. This reliability should not be underappreciated. I say he should have a job as long as he continues to perform at the same high level, or until he is ready to retire.
    Sure, maybe Winston Chapman could be a serviceable LS, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Better the known than the unknown.

Puka-head, Bpk, ChrisKo and 2 others like this.
  9. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Totally agree with you there. And LS are quite a commodity (that I didn't know about).

My nephew who is 6'2" and 165lbs soaking wet is going to try out for some major programs primarily because of his LS ability. He is so not the great high school athlete you hear about in the newspapers every week. He does some DE and TE work, but is mainly a ST kid. Kind of slow. Actually, really slow. But he's pretty damned good at LS (one of the better ones in the region, if not, the country). That's his thing. And he holds his own against bigger kids. So, apparently, he could get a scholarship from this?

As long as Denney is still reliable, please keep him. He should have his jersey # retired.

Puka-head, MrClean and Bpk like this.
  10. Bpk

I have heard that if you wanted a chance as an nfl walkon your best shot would be to learn to longsnap because its an uncommon skill that every team needs.