1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Derrick Mason: Goodell a "Joke"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Players can look like such idiots sometimes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6299376

Context of Goodell's comments:

So, Mason flips out over Goodell talking to students about drug testing in a public service event? What is wrong with this guy?

As big a goofball as Cromartie looked in the Jets camp last summer, he looks a lot better than Mason does here. Looks a lot more like Mason has something to hide.

Tweet from Cromartie:

Then Mason, opposes blood testing (which, right now, is about the only sure way to test for HGH):

Wonder where he gets that idea? From what I've read, HGH testing requires blood samples. Either way, the test should be done and resisting it so vociferously just makes Mason look bad.

Mason's response to that whole deal is the kind of irrational, emotion-driven, over-reaction that I find so distasteful in the players. The whole thing and the whole reaction makes this guy appear uneducated; irrational & lacking in ability to interact socially; entirely unprofessional. Grow up!

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Mason has said several stupid things during his career. Guy's got a bad attitude about a few things. His time is about up anyways.

3. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Goodell is a fkin joke. I can't stand that loser.

4. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Mason, <in a 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon sorta way> doesn't want it leaked that the "woman" he had relations with after a Cowboy game 23 years ago was actually Dez's mom....... which is entirely understandable.

5. Furious Yellow

Furious Yellow Mixed-Up Zombie

Nov 25, 2007
    Where something is rotten
    While i absolutely agree that Goodell is a joke, Mason is just being an idiot with this..

I think it's put best here from PFT:

and

6. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    He's a big baby.

Same guy who got all bent out of shape in public after Channing Crowder complimented him for being "old, but damn good".

They're against it because they've got numerous ways to beat the current system. Wouldn't be the first time an old guy like that took a performance enhancer.

7. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Goodell is a joke. But not for the reasons Mason states.

Adam Strange likes this.
  8. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Translation: “I’m using, I still want to play football, screw this testing stuff.”

9. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Again, the players are the big babies here. If you're negotiating over billions of dollars, and you have nothing to hide, there isn't a single good reason to gripe about a blood test. Even though I doubt the owners win when it eventually settles, I wish they would. These players are spoiled princesses looking for more.

10. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Old guy who still wants to play. HGH no doubts helps him, blood tests threaten to take away his livelihood. No wonder he went off on one. :)

MikeHoncho likes this.
  11. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Mason has been performing at an insane level for a while now. I see that everyone else has made similar assumptions as to how.

12. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Since Goodell works for the owners, he's calling his own boss a idiot. I'm not a big fan of Goodell, but most of the things he's done is because the owners want it.

13. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Mason is the joke. I'm no Goodell fan, but I see no problem with what he said here.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

Fo realz

15. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    so, exactly how is a guy that is paid by the owners going to work for the players to help get a season going .... hmmmmm

all things considered, i believe Goddell is actually doing a decent job a the Commish ...

whose really the idiot here ..... players don't like him, because he is actually trying to bring 'some' measure of accountability to the game over the last couple years.

16. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Goodell is a moron; he's Nero—with his league burning around him, he's playing his little drug fiddle.

There's no NFL season as of this moment, yet instead of acting like the man and getting people to the table he's getting preachy about a substance which, unlike steroids, has NOT been proven harmful, and is in fact in successful use therapeutically as a treatment for ailments related to aging.

Rozelle wouldn't be prattling on impotently about minutiae; he'd be brokering an agreement among these moron anti-Solomons.

17. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I feel the same way about the majority of the players.

Godell has his issues but he's way down the list of the NFL's problems for me.

The players, in a majority, are a bunch of undereducated prima donnas who have absolutely no concept of how well they have things being paid tens of millions to carry a ball. Most have no concept of business or what it takes to run one yet they think they deserve most of the profits from the one they are contracted employees of. They continually make arses of themselves by putting themselves in ridiculous situations that threaten their lucrative careers, could care less about fans who in essence make their fame, Will outwardly cry in media outlets about how poorly they are paid because they were offered say 8 million rather than 9 million per year and they make idiotic comments comparing their position in the NFL to slavery or absurd statements like the above.

Consider me done with all these idiots.

18. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Agree. Mason should be the first one tested for steroids.