1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Despite no No. 1, Dolphins receiving corps shows promise

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TiP54, Jun 22, 2009.

1. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...-no-1-dolphins-receiving-corps-shows-promise/

That is very true :yes:
    We have bunch of scrappy guys who catch the ball and move the chains. Lets hope development of Ginn and Turner being a big guy will add some big targets.

Yeah, lets not forget that Chad is the perfect QB for this offense. When he goes down, it will be interesting to see how Henne will do.

PhinsRock, Agua and Sceeto like this.
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Ginn deep that's what happens if Penny goes down :D

Remember, San Diego had the highest scoring offense a few years back (Cameron's last) with no #1. A good running game is more consistent than a good passing game.

Phinz420 likes this.
  3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    big difference between kick returns & catching the ball as a WR
    GinnJr can out run any NFL QB's arm
    the secret is to be fast & create separation within the first 30 yards,
    then catch the ball & open up all the way to the end zone.
    It has to do with routes, quickness & timing , as well as speed
    if it were only about speed,
    we'd be gleaning world-class college & olympic sprinters instead of football players
    30 yards is plenty deep if you catch the pass
    then: YAC's:up:GinnJr needs to run after he makes the catch

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    From his wrists to his ankles Greg C is avaerage at best, its his hands and feet that make him unique, There has to be a reason why this cat came from nowwhere to emerge as a #1 receiver on a professional football team, especially one that is lead by such an experienced regime.

I know its a unfair comparison but ive said it before, if you really hone in on the way he uses deception, head fakes, body control and gracefullness, Bilettnicoff always comes to mind.

His feet during route are anything but average, they simply are amazing, yeah thats right, amazing. Hands are as good as anyone.

5. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Could be one of, if not the deepest receiving core the Dolphins have ever had. Not only are we deep but there is quality there. As accurate as Pennington is this season could be better for him than last if he stays healthy.

6. Dolphinatics

Dolphinatics New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I'm really excited about Ginn this year!! The excellent running game and unpredictable WildCat offense should open some things up for TG Jr and I see a break-out year coming. :yes:

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I am almost overwhelmed with year two of the Rebuilding Project

8. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

What skill sets did Steve Largent bring to the table? He wasnt particularly fast. According to wikipedia...he was slated to be cut by the Houston Oilers after his four pre season games...but was instead traded to the Seattle Seahawks...13,009 yards later...in a 13 year career, hes a Hall of Fame WR.

Dedication...discipline....hard work.....and consistancy. From what it appears...we have a stable of WR's who seem to display all of those traits. Say what you want....but Im not exadurating in the slightest. I wouldnt take many other reciever core's out there over ours for the long haul. For one season..sure...bad apples can shine for one season...but to build a franchise around....top to bottom I like ours second to maybe Arizona.

the 23rd likes this.
  9. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Bingo! :up: :knucks:

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Our WRs have all the 'potential' that everyone has been describing. Will they reach it ?? Will Ginn breakout ?? Will Cammy complement what Ginn does to the other side ?? Not to mention will he come back to where he was from his ACL (or perhaps I should say, how quickly will he return to where he was) ?? Can Turner be the red zone guy we've been missing for so long ?? Are guys like Armstrong and Wilford going to take the next step to becoming starting caliber WRs in this league ?? About the only 'non-question' is Bess, but he's limited as to what impact he can have since he just isn't much more than a #3 complementary WR. That's not knocking him, that's just being realistic... Of course, in Bess' defense, if Ginn steps up and Cammy returns to where he was with help from Turner in the red zone, Bess could have a monster year as the #3/#4 WR...

But the bottom line is that while the potential is there for us to 'have one of the deepest WR corps" in our history, but I think we'd better wait until after the pads come on to start buying jerseys and making drunken boasts as if we were all tailgating at Joe Robbie...er I mean, Landshark stadium parking lot...

11. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Raymond Berry of Baltimore Colts Vintage, also in the Hall of Fame, had neither size, strength nor speed ( and he wore glasses to be able to see the ball before there were contacts). Through quickness, courage & durability, excellent instincts & hands, the guy was one of the most prolific WR's in the history of the game.:up: