1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devon Berry, football player

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Puka-head, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    With the upcoming draft and all the stories we are about to hear about these young mens dreams coming true and lives changing I found this story so amazingly humbling and inspiring I need to share it.

This is the power of sports in general and football especially. The power of this young man, the sheer staggering power of will and refusal to be denied he shows makes me feel weak and worthless (I'm not, but still). How dare I complain about my problems and allow them to bring me down? I hope there's a college out there somewhere that will give this kid a scholarship. He may not be able to play but he would make any team better.

It's a short video, 11 minutes, watch it.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    Fishhead, KeyFin and Galant like this.
  2. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Good stuff.

3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I was talking with my 22 year old the other day after she mis-stepped in life, and spent some time trying to explain to her that absolutely anything is possible. I told her that if she wanted to be a doctor or an astronaut or a world-renowned chef, the path is exactly the same...you take the first step down that road and do it to the best of your abilities. You work, you sweat, you study and once step one is complete, then you find step #2. There's no such thing as "hard" or "impossible" either...either you keep grinding or you give up.

Anyone can literally be anything if they have the determination and the focus to make it happen...and that's the message that we're missing in society today. There's so much negative over everything these days and not enough people saying to just follow your dreams, no matter how tough the odds might appear. All of you can literally do anything, be anything, if you want it bad enough and are willing to put in the sweat equity. Just get to work and make it happen...even if it takes decades to reach the finish line.

Awesome video- thanks for sharing!

Fishhead and Puka-head like this.
  4. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    This is the best post of the year and should be pinned at the top of these forums. Amen brother and what a great lesson to teach your 22 year old.

KeyFin likes this.