1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dexter Season 8

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by BlameItOnTheHenne, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Maybe its Vogel's son, maybe Elway is Vogels son.

2. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I liked last season....but really only because of Hannah. I liked Julia's season....but really there wasn't any chance of topping Trinity.

But yah I could easily have had the Colin Hanks stuff removed completely.

3. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

My theory.

The brain surgeon is Walter White, finally pushed over the edge due to stress and his cancer coming back.

Oh, maybe shoulda SPOILERed... ;)

4. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Well I give up on this show.

Ray Finkle and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  5. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Hannah is so much hotter this season.

GreysonWinfield likes this.
  6. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    So for somebody who stopped watching halfway thru the season after which his wife was killed (5) what can you tell me? I know his sister found out that he is the serial killer but now what? Feel free to spoil it, wont finish the show.

7. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Sister finds out. Laguerta thinks dexter is the real bay harbor butcher and deb kills laguerta when dexter try's to kill laguerta because he knows she knows. Deb gets all angry at Dex in this season. Then there a doctor who basically created dexter and now her son is a serial killer.

8. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I don't think this series is going to be looked back upon fondly. It's been a big mess for 4 seasons now and I will be interested in rewatching the first 4 seasons to see how they hold up.

9. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    You left out the parts where Dexter finds out who the main big guy is and the bad guy finds out who Dexter is but Dexter ends up killing the bad guy minutes before Miami PD finds him. Oh and Dexter is extremely close to getting exposed numerous times but ends up escaping.

10. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Seasons 1-4 no one knew dexter was a serial killer. Now everyone knows

11. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Not true the Ice Truck Killer knew in Season 1, his Brit girlfriend and Doakes knew in 2, Jimmy Smits and the main killer knew in 3 and in 4 Trinity Killer knew.

12. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Touché touché but he's getting more careless

13. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    No Dexter, weird, I know its a holiday weekend, but still. DVR. its a thing.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  14. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Wow. Not in a good way. These episodes are dragging. It feels like a end of the season not series episodes

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  15. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I agree. The previews look like the final 2 episodes will be good. But to be honest with you I really don't care about if Dexter ends up with Hannah (I always disliked her) and the final "bad guy" is kind of a let down. I'm just watching to finish the series but you're right it doesn't feel like the series is ending.

By the way I do find it funny that Hannah is a fugitive living at Deb's house but still goes outside on the beach and even after the US Marshall comes to visit Deb and they say they need to keep Hannah hidden that all of Deb's windows in the house aren't covered or anything like that. What if the Marshall comes back and looks at the house? He'd see her.

ToddPhin likes this.
  16. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Ugh. Watching this season has been like work. So boring, stale, and awful. I don't care how it ends, I just want it to end. This show needs a mercy killing.

17. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    So after watching this week's episode after Breaking Bad, this episode really was a let down. 1 more ep left thankfully.

18. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Dexter is a steaming pile of **** covered in flies compared to Breaking Bad. On it's own it's a just a steaming pile of **** without the flies. At least season 8 is anyway. I takes me days to get through one episode because I can't take an hour straight of it.

19. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    This is actually a perfect article about all the problems with Dexter's final season:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/09/20/dexter-final-season-gripes/

I must say, it's 100% spot on. And after reading it, it really makes me mad how the writers completely dropped the ball and crapped all over the series. By the way my favorite was the Breaking Bad cartoon.

I really think Dexter's final episode will just end like all season of Dexter end, with him taking out the main villain minutes before Miami PD comes in and he gets away and lives to see another day.

20. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Lye ah my one example where you can see the difference is Breaking Bad and Dexter was taking risk. Yeah Dexter killed Rita but it's like they did that for the wow factor and really didn't know what to do after. BB had skyler find out who Walt was quick. Dexter just didn't seem to have a direction in where it was going. IMO. Breaking Bad can write a character into a wall and convincingly get him out. Dexter you roll your eyes most of the time. Like this season where he had zach m90ed and Quinn drove up " I know what you are doing" cheesy

21. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Oh absolutely. The Rita twist was great until the next season started and there was zero follow up. It was almost like they killed her off just to kill her off because it would be easier for Dexter to sneak around at night. I mean I didn't even get the feeling that Dexter liked her.

The right thing to do would have been for Quinn find out about Dexter being a killer way back in Season 5 or 6 but struggling keeping it a secret because he has feelings for Deb and realizes if he turns him in she'll never talk to him again. Then have Batista go through Maria's notes and start to suspect Dexter as well but not really believing it because he's known Dexter for years. And Batista somehow slips to Quinn about it and they both team up to try and find out for sure what happened to Maria. Or something like that.

22. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Anything would have been better then what we got. Sad too because all the potential they had after Rita died. I never was so excited to see the next season of a show then I was with dexter after season 4. I was so excited to see what they did and they never recovered

23. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Agree 100%, I really thought once Rita died they would have had endless angles on where they can take the series and Dexter character. I think it would have been great for Dexter to really start to question his meaning and why he's a serial killer. If you think about it, he never really grew as a character in the 8 seasons and find it beyond funny, in a bad way obviously, that Dexter all of a sudden in the last episode decides he doesn't want to be a serial killer anymore. I mean talk about coming out of left field. The more I think about it, the more Dexter Seasons 5-8 turned into the final few seasons of Lost, just a giant mess of nothing.

24. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    wow pathetic. Glad I am done now. Wow that was cheesy and so many holes. How did no one see Deb coming. Dexter leaves his child life in the hands of Hannah, who is a murder. Hes going to leave Harrison wondering where Dexter is, in a different country. Makes no ****ing sense. So stupid.

Firesole and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  25. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    After 8 years of watching Dexter mutilate people, what kind of ending has him coming down with amnesia?! Can you get a more weak, dissociative resolution?! That was something I'd expect from an hour and half movie that tries to get too cute, not an 8 year show. Give us something to provide a strong goddam emotion response, like Dex jumping off the boat with Deb and watching him sink away into the deep with her.

Not to mention, I'm no medical expert but I believe Deb's heart monitor shouldn't have continued registering upon Dex removing the finger sensor, which ruined the whole "mental countdown till flatline" aspect.

Even though the final season was disappointing, I was hoping the final episode would facilitate me being much sadder to see the overall show go, perhaps get a little watery-eyed, but no- it was a fizzle as far as I'm concerned.

26. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Did Dexter use Sauls guy?

my issues also is they introduced characters and went no where with them. Matsukas daughter, random. Went absolutely no where. Does anyone care that Lewis has went missing. Didn't he work with Miami Metro too as an IT guy or something. Also the whole Deb is fine and then never mind shes brain dead was stupid. Kill her off right away. Ryan Gosling character was stupid too. Just because Breaking Bad has Meth Damon, you don't have to get Syringe Gosling

27. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    funny how the producers did more to set up Quinn's emotional distress [getting him back with Deb and then offing her] than they did the show's viewers in regard to Dex. We don't even get to see Dex die. We just get to wonder wether his amnesia leaves him repeating the entire cycle or has him starting over as a virgin Dex so to speak with no memories of his mother's death to recreate his dark passenger.

28. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Yeah, that was random to all of a sudden put Dex and Quinn back together. Maybe to make the viewer more emotional invested? Idk, seemed odd, and then they take her away. See I never got that Dexter got amnesia, I thought he started a new life some where and faked his death

29. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    *chuckle*

I thought they copied the whole Bourne Identity deal and wanted to make it appear as though amnesia would allow him to revert to the Dexter of old whom we loved before the women & kids got involved.

That'd be a rough way to fake your own death, no, driving a small boat into the middle of a hurricane? :lol:
    Then he ends up a flannel-wearing logger? Plenty of locations he could've headed where pastels are sold.

Either way it's open to too much interpretation IMO.

Jt0323 likes this.
  30. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    yeah, If you have a TV series for 8 seasons you owe it to your fans to leave a better, more satisfying, more concrete ending then that

ToddPhin and Firesole like this.
  31. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    Been struggling to watch this last season, found my mind wandering when I was watching it and basically just wishing they would hurry up and finish each episode. And now that it's finished I'm just glad it's over. They've left the possibility of a sequel/spinoff, but hopefully there isn't one, and even if there is I don't think I'll be watching it.

Such a disappointing end for what started out as such a groundbreaking, exciting show.

Hiruma78 likes this.
  32. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    That has to be THE WORST EVER ENDING TO A SERIES. I am so supremely disappointed in this series. I'm so glad it is over. The most disappointing thing to me is how he abandoned his son, especially after all of the Harry flashbacks that were intended to show how important that father/son relationship is. So ****ing stupid by these writers.

Sent from my iPhone5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Hiruma78 likes this.
  33. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Now I need to go back to that Reddit and read what the former show runner had originally planned.

Sent from my iPhone5S using Tapatalk - now Free

34. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
  35. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    yeah, that ending would've been better..... however I'm not sure watching the state of Florida execute Dex would've provided an airtight resolution b/c then we'd be left wondering how the heck he gets caught when there's nothing left to point the finger at him.

Initially when his boat was for sale, I was thinking that might inadvertently lead to Dex's discovery. Perhaps have the new owner be an avid fisherman who tracks Dex's "dump spot" via his fish-finder GPS coordinates and then snags one of the bodies while bottom fishing. He calls the authorities, and they discover all the bodies while putting two and two together with Dex's GPS. I would've loved to have witnessed the conflicted emotion of the cast realizing Dex was behind everything all along, being faced with bringing him in, and then subsequently watching his execution. That would've been a simple and clean ending--- suggesting that in the end we're all still held accountable for our own actions. Plus it would've been significantly more emotional and gut-twisting for the viewer and kept us hanging on the conclusion of each episode.

Claymore95 likes this.
  36. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Claymore95 likes this.
  37. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Couldn't dexter have argued mental illness if he was caught?

38. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Also that ending would have been awesome if they showed how he got caught and it leading to that moment

Claymore95 likes this.
  39. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Anyone can, but I don't think he'd get away with it because he knew exactly what he was doing and how he was doing it.

ToddPhin likes this.
  40. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    that's why I would've loved to have seen his boat's fishfinder GBS coordinates do him in. The moment we witnessed the new owner scroll through the GPS would've been a great cliffhanger to that episode. Then the following episode could've wrapped the viewers up in the drama of Batista, Quinn, and Masuka finding out Dex has been a killer all along and then leaving the viewers wondering how they would pursue it, which could've provided another cliffhanger. Etc, etc.

Claymore95 likes this.