1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DGNN- Dlphins Good News Network

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Southbeach, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    TUFF week for this thread but, it and we survive.

Cam Wake had yet another VG game with 2 sacks and 8 tackles. PRO BOWL YEAR!!!

Dansby was as good with 8 tackles and a pass defended.

The OL played well in pass protection and opening some holes to run.

Ronnie ran his best with 9 carries for 59 yards, albeit in a "cameo" appearance.

We are 4-4, which is where I thought we would be, and still in fair position for a playoff run.

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC

just because dansby had alot fo tackles, doesnt mean he played good. imo he played like ****. def. not worth the $$ we pay him. he missed a few tackles, including completley over running the mcgahee touchdown. He got beat by 7 yards of seperation trying to cover rice.....and alot of his "tackles" were down field, after he was blocked out of the play at the LOS one on one.

The dude has been a big disapointment to me thus far

3. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    SICK, I'm SICK over the loss, and have one hell of a hangover on top of it. So don't pick on me. :no: :pointlol:

I had to strrrrrrrrreeeetch things a bit this week. 4-4 is not great either.

SICK likes this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i know buddy, sorry to come in with that in your good news thread.....:hi5:

Southbeach likes this.
  5. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    :knucks: I'm gonna start an opposite thread this week. Watch the forum light up, and leave me alone until next week. :lol:

padre31 and SICK like this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Ugh, even the Seller of Optimism is out of trade goods..:D

How about:

4-4 is our best record at this time of year since 2008

The team is healthy, even Culver is expected to only miss maybe a week.

Nolan Carroll looks like the real deal at Returner, I have not seen a Returner hit the hole that hard since Mel Gray, the man is utterly fearless.

Cameron Wake got hot again, 2 sacks, 8 tackles, he had been shut out for a game and a half

Soliai got sack, he appears to have arrived.

Ronnie Brown has rediscovered his burst.

Brian Hartline responded to the challenge, 4 catches 85 yds 21 ypa

Rizzi has the special teams sorted out, we blocked a field goal, granted there was the ten men on the field, that was a product of culver's status, no one knew if he was playing, when he wasn't no one went out to fill his role.

DBess is supposed to count those guys..just sayin', and Rizzi saw what had happened but the Ref would not give him a timeout.

Red Zone Defense played surprisingly well, 7 trips by the Ravens, 1 TD.

8 game season, starting this Sunday we have back to back games at home against the Titans (5-3) and Bears (5-3 but they have a game this Sunday before the Thursday night game).

2 games in 5 days, Dolphin football nirvana!:hi5:

7. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    BLESS YOU PADRE. :knucks:

8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    My only real beef is I'm not in love with Chad Henne Southbeach.

Here is why, I "know" what good Qb play looks like, balls coming out on time and on target allowing the Wr to catch the ball in stride and heading up field, and how sharp and offense looks when the Qb is in rhythm, and I do not see that in Henne, I have not seen it from Henne since early last season.

Everything else I'm cool with, thought the Defense was passable in the ravens game, and thought the ST coverage units have made a massive improvement.

But when the Qb ain't right, ain't nothing working right.:lol:

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    No injuries!

10. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    When you have military parents, you might be pretty fearless yourself:up:

11. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I agree, to a degree, Padre. How much do you believe is the short leash, which leads to a lack of confidence?

12. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Agreed on Brian Hartline. Hopefully he silenced everyone for this week.

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Last two weeks he has 9 catches for 140 yds, and a run for what 35 yds?

Hartline is turning it up a bit.

eric and Destroyer like this.
  14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I do not buy it being a confidence issue, I think there are preplanned throws SB, and the ball was sailing on Henne.

This Titans game is huge for Henne, last yr he pretty much gave away the game with a dummy interception in OT, let us see if he has improved, or regressed since 09 against the same opponent.

Chalk this up as positive news, Henne's play action fake was perfectly executed by him this Sunday, he looked crisp, the ball was in one hand, he looked good at it this week so credit to him.

HULKFish likes this.
  15. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Like myself, we're all a little down at Henne's slow progress. But he is still getting better. I agree with Padre that he doesn't have his timing down yet, except for Bess. His accuracy needs to be a bit better as well. My biggest problem? DAN HENNING IS A USELESS PILE OF GARBAGE!!! His gameplans and playcalling this year have been pretty much disasterous!!! Get a good OC and I bet things look a LOT different.

Question for all the Henne-haters... How well did Pennington fair against that Ravens D?

Sparano has lost his gonads this year too. 4th and 1 and you don't go for it to end the half??? Gutless call! Last year or 08 we'd have gone for it!

Ronnie was in a groove too... Obviously they just want to keep Ronnie's numbers down to keep him beyond this year, only plausible excuse I can come up with for not giving him 25 carries...

This team I still believe makes the playoffs. But to what success will depend greatly on Dan Henning finding a way to become better.

16. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I have to disagree with this. Almost all of it. Sure, he missed mcgahee on that play, but so did the other 10 guys on defense. So lets just not discuss that awful play.

If there was a play made in the backfield, it was Dansby. He seems to be the only guy who CAN tackle consistently for us. Im not even going to compare him to crowder as that is a waste of all our time. Dansby was never a superstar LB, hes just a gy who does almost everything right and rarely misses tackles. He's a leader, not a wanna be leader like Crowder or other jokes we've had like Porter, but a real leader. He's the heart and soul of what we are on defense and so far this season, he's the biggest reason we're playing a lot better on that side of the ball.

Im sure he did get beat by Rice in coverage. Outside of willis, who is probably the fastest defensive player in the league not playing in the secondary, no linebacker is going to be able to stick with a RB in stride. Seriously, if a RB can't outrun a LB, they're probably not playing in the NFL. It's the pass rushes job to make sure that the QB doesn't have enough time to wait for that separation to occur.

17. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    To be fair, Henne threw a few "wounded ducks" out there. The one to Fasano, open in the end zone was comical, although not by me. I can not recall seeing a worse pass, including HS, than that one.

To add "insult to injury" it was a defining moment in the game.

18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And the entire offence is functioning like that SB, key drop here, bad pass there, in critical situations, that is why I advocate for a Qb change, different Qb maybe is the spark needed?

19. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Balancing the scales at QB is a difficult task for any coach. Will the light go on with the young guy? Does the vet give us a better chance of winning now? Will that move kill our future? What is one to do?

For me, I am still in Henne's corner. I expect him to take the one big step back, and take two big steps forward. We shall see.

20. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Give me a break! Henne is experiencing the same types of growing pains Rivers and a lot of others went through... He is only going to get better (unless Henning continues his BS)! He has shown better patience, better reading of the defense and going through his progressions quicker. He has a tendency to throw inside instead of outside, which has to improve. Accuracy has to get a little tighter and that douche OC needs to become less predictable in the red zone!