1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Didnt see this posted.. Extremely funny fox sports rankings

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolpns13, Dec 9, 2008.

1. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Power Rankings

Normally I dont give a hoot about the power rankings but this one from fox sports is totally laughable. They dropped Miami 3 spots

Somehow, some way the Dolphins are 8-5 and tied for first here in December. While the sky is falling in New York with the Jets' fade under Brett Favre, the man he replaced, Chad Pennington, is playing mistake-free football while also putting up excellent passing numbers

The Miami bias with the media is just incredible... I would love foxsports to explain how, while Miami beats Buffalo, they drop Miami three spots, while dropping Buffalo 1 spot... Its so laughable and pathetic... and simply proves that 98% of these sports journalist guys have no idea what they are doing. :lol:

2. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    yea pretty lame. Thankfully this means nothing. what a joke

3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Oh no! Does this mean we're going to drop in the BCS Poll???

cnc66 and muscle979 like this.
  4. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Ha, the BCS is funnier than these rankings, and thats pretty darn funny

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    how does the media have a bias against us? We've gotten love all year long from multiple sources.

I find it hilarious how every fan on every teams message board thinks the national media has a bias against their team.

cnc66 and late again like this.
  6. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    you dont think it is biased that we beat buffalo and the media drops us 3 spots while dropping buffalo 1? You dont think its biased that Terrell Davis and Jim Moran picked NE to win the division due to their easy schedule while not even mentioning Miami's easier schedule, and then have basically nothing to say when Sheffler calls them out on it? Do I even have to mention Berman?

7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    This just reaks of extremely lazy power rankings to me. We have a few people on this board who are much more thoughtful and better at making these rankings. When you drop a team that won a divisions matchup 3, and the team they beat only 1, you did something wrong in your rankings and were too lazy to reconcile the mistake.

Who cares though? We know where our team stands. :up:

njfinfan and cnc66 like this.
  8. AllianceCollect

AllianceCollect The Beautiful Mrs. AC....

Mar 25, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Quite the opposite really. The BCS actually has an impact on the teams. These stupid dime a dozen power rankings are just some random idiots thoughts.

AbideN703 and njfinfan like this.
  9. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    The only rankings I care about are the standings in our division at the end of the season. If we're on top of that one, I can live with being ranked low in the Fox Sports power ranking.

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think there is some Miami bias here too, lets face it, they beat the jills, but should have beaten them by a lot more. They beat the Raiders, but barely, same with St. Louis...we haven't had a beat down on anyone since NE...yes, we're winning, but if you look at NE and the jests, they simply have more talent than we do...and that's where these rankings are coming from...now, what do you think will happen if we can't pull it off against SF ???

11. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Aren't fox sports rankings based off of a mathematical formula anyway?

12. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Thats what a lot of them say, yet it takes a week to update them, i know other sites like that too.

If it truely was a formula, it would update instantaneously. Unless computer programming got incredibly slow for some reason

Like the above poster noted, its some idiots own thoughts.

13. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    So instead of doing research, they do rankings by name recognition only. Although he hasnt done anything special, to some of these morons, just having the name Brett Favre moves the Jets up a few spots... Ridiculous, and If they have so much more talent than we do, why are we all at 8-5... Besides, what talent does NE have that we dont? These rankings are moronic..