1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dion Jordan Activated

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinFan1968, Oct 25, 2014.

1. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins · 1m1 minute ago
    The team has announced the exemption for DE Dion Jordan has been lifted.

The team has waived WR Damian Williams.

2. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Yeh..thats kinda a bummer for D Will..feel like he could be a good asset

3. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    True on Dwill, but Dion is a nice toy for this Defense. Hopefully we find a role for him before seasons end. Vernon and Shelby are playing damn well, why don't we utilize the plethora of skills Jordan has, that caused us (or Ireland?) to draft him top3. If we can get this kid going, flying to the Qb ala vs cincy last year, shadowing gronk like last year, it could put this Defense over the top.

4. PhinFan1968

Sure would be sick to see him get an INT off Rivers going to Gates.

5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Kinda overlooking Jags ?? We're not a good enough team to overlook anyone...

mbsinmisc likes this.
  6. PhinFan1968

Ya I'm overlooking the Jags...I don't think they have a single prayer...besides, I'm not a coach, my overlooking it doesn't matter and will have ZERO impact on the game...so why would I bother wasting a second in worrying about that collection of turds up in Jacksonville?

Point is, I think he'll be used in TE coverage NEXT week, as was hinted at by the poster I was referencing in my post. I don't expect too much out of him on D this week, since he's just back, but I think they'll incorporate him next week.

SICK and BlameItOnTheHenne like this.
  7. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Meh. Hard for me to get excited about him.

8. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    It doesn't matter if fans over look a team. Has zero to do with the outcome

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    apparently its been reported he's at 265..10 lbs lighter than training camp and preseason where he looked like he was on drugs..

to soon?

RoninFin4 likes this.
  10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

True, me and my opines either, but I'm still leary about Philbin's style. While I'll agree that they have of late become that 'quiet, confidence' of Philbin, it's just like his teams, to date, to lay an egg against a team they should handily defeat...

It's really exciting what this guy (DJ) can be if we utilize him correctly. I'm also not convinced that Coyle has always 'utilized' his people right, but the guy does have some special skills that if ever unleashed...could be really exciting...

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  11. PhinFan1968

Agree, agree, and agree.

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    i can understand where Larry is coming from...I mean this when I say this..a board like our board here at thephins is a very powerful tool that creates the narrative for the culture..

players, marketers of the team, media, if you don't think all three visit the most cutting edge insight into the main products culture, you would be highly mistaken.

heres what i would say about the topic...This freakin team, has NO business taking any team lightly, who the hell do they think they are, they have accomplished nothing except cutting our hearts at the end of last year by not giving a sh": about continuing to play for something bigger than themselves..

That being said, I think they are ready for this challenge and I think they have a little bit of understanding what I'm saying..Im not sure the full sacrifice is there yet, but I feel something is cooking.

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    his body is his tool..if it aint right then nothing matters, he will not be what he could be.

they have already showed they don't know what there doing with dion, the question is will they change their flawed direction, are they men enough to admit it.

14. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    If he is only 265 now, it seems like he is going in the right direction. And agree with you that his best skill set is suited to OLB/DE hybrid like Jason Taylor.

15. PhinFan1968

Yep. I just hope he has a chip for the doubters...don't know if it's in him or he has the mentality for it, but I'd like to see him come out possessed and play on fire. He certainly has plenty to prove.

16. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    If he was training with Jason Taylor as his mentor, I hope some of Jason's work ethic rubbed off on Dion. The kid has unlimited potential.

17. Linus

Linus Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Not sure anyone remembers this, but they had a short 1 on 1 interview piece during one of the preseason game as with Jordan. ..and he seriously looked messed up. Hopefully he is doing well now.

18. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I don't mind giving him Wheeler's snaps. Although he didn't have much at all last game.

19. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Lewis is out for the Jags, so Jordan could get warmed up for Gates by covering Clay Harbor this week. :up:

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    if 265 is accurate that up 18 bs in 1 and a half years...if drugs were not involved, and taking into account this specific body type, 18 lbs is too much too fast.

21. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Wasn't he about 275 before?

22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    linus there were times in preseason where i saw him act on the field where i knew and stated something is wrong, some folks tried to tell me it was all good, he was moving fine, blah blah blah, i know that kids movement and aggression like the back of my hand, there was something wrong, i even listed exact plays that showed the signs..basically he was doing drugs and eating like a pig..and it effected his movement and his mentals.

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    yes, this training camp thats what he weighed in at.now that we know he wasn't doing steroids, that was 30 lbs of bad weight he put on during the offseason.

24. PhinFan1968

Well...somebody needs to get deep in his *** and make sure he knows damn well that one more f-up and his career is severely impacted...even more than it already is. He needs to take this opportunity to prove he's not going down the Ricky path and wants to seriously play some ball. Put down the pipe son...you're still young, kick some *** for 6 to 10 years then you can smoke all the gonj you want...nobody will test you.

mullingan and djphinfan like this.
  25. MrClean

I do not see any reason to believe drugs were the reason for his weight gain. If you have concrete proof, that is a different story. Since he did not test pos for steroids or HGH, IMO, saying something like that facilitated his weight gain is speculation. I do not believe anyone can tell that, just from seeing him out there in his football gear.

Den54 likes this.
  26. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I just think that at this point in the season, he's more of a distraction than anything.

27. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I did not mean to infer that the drugs were the specific cause of the weight gain, i meant both things happened at once..he was doing drugs and gaining bad weight..now, could doing drugs trigger him to not eat right..absolutely..bottom line, both of those things were happening..and it showed up on the fiied thru his movement and his attitude.

28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    could very well be, from our perspective like 68 said, he's one strike away from oblivion...Who knows where this dudes head is he had a very troubled upbringing..very troubled..

i thought his mental toughness to survive that would serve him well at this level..maybe not.

29. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Unless the "drugs" were maybe inhaled... and caused the munchies... :shifty:

djphinfan and fin13 like this.
  30. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Made me think of that clip of Jim Turner from Hard Knocks standing by himself on the sideline during the game and asking into the headset, "Am I on drugs?"

31. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I disagree.

32. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Funny...DJ would fistpump a post that mentions deep in his ***.....just sayin....rofllllll

33. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I did as well and felt pretty good about the pick.

djphinfan likes this.
  34. MrClean

The only thing we know he was taking was a banned stimulant, and that is assuming he was honest about it. I know of no proof he took any banned substance with anabolic properties. Stimulants do not facilitate weight gain. Just the opposite. For all we know, he could have gained weight from eating prime rib, whey protein and taking creatine. The latter can certainly help one get stronger and gain weight that can look puffy, but it is water rather than fat. Is creatine even legal for NFL players? Don't know why it wouldn't be, but with NFL ya never know.
    I did not see any indication of a different attitude in preseason regardless of what he actually took.

35. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Most people don't go to "treatment" for taking stimulants or the wrong over the counter creatine. The writings on the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Most also do not need treatment to give up marijuana...I got the feeling that he was doing crystal meth but I could be wrong..hopefully this is all in his past and he can start to play ball and realize that the Miami Dolphins invested heavily in him and NEED production from him

37. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    30lbs? Didnt he play at 255 last year? That means at 265 he's only up 10lbs from last year, which could be a nice blend of a little needed extra size but not too much to bog him down...

38. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    to me his lackluster effort and look in preseason was because he was down while he knew he won't be here until his suspension is over, i expect a good performance out of him today

39. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    you didn't I did..

once I knew what dion weighed in at, then saw him on the field and his movement, I made some assumptions, then he got suspended twice and played like a man with 30 extra lbs on a body that could not handle it..

If your a quick twitch athlete with an extremely hi metabolism, you should never gain 30lbs and expect your body to handle the change, if your really on the juice then ok, if not then it makes 0 sense..apparently it wasn't the juice, so it was bad weight, which will weigh down that frame big time, and imo thats exactly what showed in the movement..completely lethargic.

so basically heres where I'm at with dion and what happened.

1] he was told by this staff to put on weight to play more of a defensive end position.

2] without peds, that is a very hard proposition for this mans physique and metabolism.

3] he did some party drugs during the offseason

4] ate like a pig to get the empty calories it takes for that frame to add weight..if he gained 30bs, and he didn't do steroids, how much muscle do you think was on that 30 lb weight gain?

5] got depressed.

40. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007

is that a possibility?