1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct TV Customers- Sunday Ticket is free this weekend!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Sep 8, 2009.

1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Direct TV customers are getting a free trial this weekend for Sunday Ticket.

So those with direct TV that don't have Sunday Ticket, it looks like the Dolphins will be on this weekend.

CH 700-718

dolfan7171, HULKFish and jetssuck like this.
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    If you don't have directv, and are a new customer, you can get the Sunday Ticket, plus their Premier package for $59/month. After five months you can downgrade to a lesser package. That is a steal.
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1443073
    Get someone to refer you (You only need their account number) and you can both get 100 dollars off ($10/10 months). Referrers can do this multiple times.

I'm about to grab 6 receivers this week

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Wanna hear something crazier... I called to cancel my DirectTV today. In recent months I had reduced my package to the minimum Standard Def channels and was not getting Sunday ticket because of the cost.

I called and told them I was cancelling because I couldn't afford it anymore, and since Sunday ticket was the only reason I'd even gotten DirectTV in the first place I might as well cancel now.

Well, they ended up offering me Sunday ticket, Superfan and HD all for free... for the whole season. All I have to do is keep paying my $39.00 a month for the basic package I have got now.

Then I told them my receiver hadn;t been working well anyways, so I still wasn't sure it was worth staying a member, since the reception sucked. (totally true. I have been watching antenna for months because of the horrible reception on DirectTV's faulty receiver... and since they wanted to charge me $50 to have someone come look at it, I didn't bother. I was just waiting for my contract to expire this week so I could cancel.)

Anyways, after I mentioned the bad receiver he offered to send a free technician out to replace it. So I told him that if he wanted to 100% sell me on staying, he could offer me a free upgrade to an HD-DVR.

So he did.

This morning I had nothin' but the basic channels for $39.99 a month (standard def), no Sunday ticket, no HD, no DVR.

Now I have Sundayy ticket, High Def, Superfan, and an HD-DVR... and I'm not paying a cent more.

Unbeleivable what they'll do to keep a customer.

Needless to say, I'm pretty damned happy.

4. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

While I didn't score as big as you did, I called recently to cancel my Direct TV and told them I was switching to cable and got a similar response. They made me a deal I couldn't refuse to keep me as a customer.

Even if you're happy with the service, call em up and bluff them. You never know what you might get offered.

Bpk likes this.
  5. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Yup, did the same and got $60 off the ticket plus free Superfan.
    Bpk, you scored. Thats the best I've read so far...by far!

Bpk likes this.
  6. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Well yachting is expensive....... gotta save all you can, BB;]

bigbry likes this.
  7. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Check out this link to the Defenders web site:

http://www.alinghi.com/en/

Start of a whole new era.

jetssuck likes this.
  8. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    lol....oh god what did I start?...;p

Pretty wild looking boat tho......

9. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    BPK, you lucky son of a.... My luck, I'd call to quit in the hopes of looking for a deal, and they'd quickly say "enjoy your Sundays with no Dolphins"... and I'd be left looking at a black screen that says no signal on Sunday at 1pm eastern wearing all my Phins' stuff with my kids looking at me like I'm mental (like they don't already).

Bpk and TheAnswer385 like this.
  10. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Yeah, I complained and all I got was stupid showtime until Nov.
    Ours goes out with the least bit of hard rain. And I asked why comcast offered the sports channels on their basic etc. that's when I got showtime.
    Some of you guys are lucky.

Paul 13 likes this.
  11. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I thik they could tell I was actually serious about cancelling them.

And that I could care less about staying, or getting free stuff. They just kept piling it on.

Anyways, my car broke down the same week so it evens out! lol.

12. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i already have sunday ticket but thats pretty awesome for those who don't...i really want that superfan tho so i could watch it on my iphone..

13. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    I downloaded my Iphone app last night.... i have to work sunday! I was super bummed until realizing that i can watch the game live on my phone, so pumped!

14. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Keep calling back. Read that link I posted above. Full of people who kept calling until they got a good deal.

15. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Motorola Q + Skyfire browser + Medi = all the Dolphins games on my phone

16. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    :knucks: didn't even know this existed!! Thanks guys, I'll have to check that out!!

17. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Skyfire rox... :up:

18. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I think if you make the call that BPK is talking about before you have already paid for the Sunday Ticket, you stand a much better chance of getting the deal. If you wait till they already bill you for it or you've already purchased it, then they are less likely to budge.

2 years in a row I've made similar calls. They took $10 a month off my bill for a year and tossed in the Superfan package for free. They also throw in a couple of the movie channels for free. Next year I'm calling before they automatically renew me for Sunday Ticket and I really will cancel if I don't get it for free.