1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv Internet

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by GridIronKing34, Mar 30, 2012.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    My roommate recently bought a house and he is looking into his options for Internet.

Mediacom pretty much blows so he was thinking about possibly going the route of Directv for satellite/internet. Do any of you guys have experience with Directv as far as Internet goes?

Any input or responses about your experiences with Directv and their Internet packages would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Down here its HughesNet.

3. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I enjoy my DirectTv satelite service for the televison (though trying to talk to a person on the phone is a nightmare). They do not promote their internet service in my area. If you are looking for a personal internet access, I have gone to the Verizon "hotspot". Works great and it is portable. 4G. For what its worth.

4. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    My parents have satellite internet because cable is unavailable to them, and I believe it's HughesNet. While it's not bad internet (they were previously on dial up) I would take cable over satellite internet any day. They complain about issues where sometimes the signal just gets spotty, also if they have a really bad storm (you know those storms that knock out your satellite tv?) it knocks out there internet. Also (and I'm not 100%) sure about this but I think there are issues with online gaming. I thought I remember not being able to connect to xbox live. Travis could shed some light on that possibly.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I've got ATT U-Verse and don't have any problems.

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I looked into it once. Like Finssincebirth mentioned: better than dial-up, but not as good as satellite. When I called DirectTV, the operator actually recommended I stay with Verizon if it was available for better high speed access. Problem is, Verizon sucks A$$ in this area. Finally, tried Comcast and could not be happier.