1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirk Nowitzki calls out teammate/DeShawn Stevenson: Heat are 'actors'

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Topdawg13, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Deshawn Stevenson brought the series into this conversation.

You decided that we needed to stop our "Martyrdom act" and that it was getting old. So , not only was it dismissive and condescending to post such a thing, it is also a round about way to tell us to "Shut up".

2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Fair enough. What I should have said then is, unless you have statistical proof that Miami, has had more missed calls then any other team, the rants or posts about Miami constantly getting screwed are pretty much based on a fans emotional response and it is getting tiresome having to read it for myself. That includes for this series.
    And no it was not telling anyone to shutup. I say what I feel and if you keep posting about it by all means. I will keep posting what I feel as well.

Paul 13 and alen1 like this.
  3. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    That was provided. VIDEO was also provided with a analysis from refcalls.com which is not the most friendly Heat site.

When you have notorious Heat haters such as Whitlock and Simmons saying the game was damn near rigged..well..you have a problem.

Anyway, the officiating was so egregious that I expect the Refs to flat out produce hand guns and shoot Mavs players in the back tonight. We shall see. They better rig one for us right back.

4. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Video and a count which is subjective, do you agree with their game 2 analysis? That miami recieved more calls in their favor?

5. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I'd be curious to know who else you think might be getting screwed?

The Television crews, writers, and reporters all can't stand the Heat, and there were quite a few that said that the refs were very obviously calling a lopsided game...

6. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Who else might have been screwed? You don't think bad calls happen in other games?
    And define "can't stand the heat". They don't talk constantly about them? Make negative comments about them? What?

7. Ozzy

No, they do talk constantly about them and yes, it's almost all negative. That's not homerism because I could care less what anyone says EXCEPT the announcers of the game a Heat team is playing in and if you have not thought former players like Reggie Miller have shown their dislike for the Heat, I don't know what to tell you.

As for other games. There is only one game being played at this time. The Heat against the Mavs. As a Heat fan, I'm not CRYING about game three. They won the game so yippie! But it was obvious who was not getting the calls. It's ok to a point for the home team to get the edge but game three was to the point of being rediculous.

Desides likes this.
  8. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    So you say all the announcers, etc then name one guy? ok.

Again, besides the point. Point is, I see nothing, nothing, that tells me the heat get screwed more then other teams or get less calls. Again, I think a lot of what people are seeing has more to do with them liking the heat then whats actually going on. You guys want to say "game 3 the heat got screwed" fine. But I really don't understand how one game equals the heat's season, nor do I understand why saying they probably don't get screwed more then most teams is off limits. It makes no sense and seems more like convenience then an actual argument.

9. Ozzy

lmao!!! Seriously? That's all you can say on that? Like I said before, if you can't see it, I don't know what to tell you. I surely did not think I'd have to make a list for you though...

And again, my point being, is that at this time you're wrong about what I'm getting at. There is no getting screwed in game three! Miami said screw you refs because we're good enough to beat you and the Mavs on this night (game 3). The Heat have been living in the paint! Absolutely living in it in this series and when a team does that, it should be a lot closer with the calls and it's not with 2 games being playing in Miami where home cooking should be a slight edge.

10. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I didn't think I'd have to just take your word for it.........Seriously you don't think you could be showing a little bias? And fyi you made the assertion all the writers, etc hate miami and were saying it was a badly called game. You can laugh all you want but your the one talking about how a mass of people hate miami. Thats pretty laughable.

Its not always. Being in the paint doesn't automatically equal fouls being called. You raise your chances of it being called, it does not mean you will always see an increase.

11. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Dirk aint doing sh*t tonight.

12. Ozzy

Come on man! You cannot be serious here! Are you telling Miami fans that what we've herd all season long is only in our minds?

Bias? Not really. I'm a Heat fan and admitted that it was fine to hate them except if it's the announcers for a game the Heats playing in...

Especially when calls are looked the other way!

13. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Only in your heads as in being more critical of comments, yes. I look at it the same way as dolphin fans who say the nfl holds a grudge or the networks do. I don't think its true, and its something people think/say because they are protective of their favorite teams. Think jets fans but on a much smaller, less delusional scale lol

14. Ozzy

Except it's not only in our minds!

Everyone has been hating on this Heat team since the year began. Every single arena they here boos rain down on them and that's fine to me but if you do not think they've hated whats happened and that the media has fueled the fire all year long, it sounds to me like you might be a tad biased about this?

Reporters are all over twitter saying things like they wish someone on the heat would get hurt. You listen to a Heat game and when they do something spectacular, you'll hear the announcers mildly say wow, but not when it's something that their opponents do. Tonight was a great example when Dallas had a LAYUP to tie the game. The announcers litterally screamed it being a great play. I could care less about Simmons and others on twitter or writing their articles in their local papers but it's rediculous when the announcers of the game get so excited for things Heats opponents do.

The refs did not call a good game 3 and that's not even an arguement I'd listen to from someone saying it was. Tonights game was a better crew and a better called game.

15. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    wow. the mavs missing caron butler and haywood and nowitski playing with a fever of 102 and heat fans still complaining about the refs. maybe they should just award them the trophy now. why should they actually have to win it

16. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    At least “Dirk has no help” has been buried.

17. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    the series has boiled down to wade vs dirk. everyone else is a sidebar to this series

18. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    What!? What'd you say!!?? I can't hear you!!!

[​IMG]

19. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    It is really hard for me to accept that the media (especially ESPN) hate on the Heat with the Heat Index around. ESPN literally hired a team of writers to do nothing but write positive articles following a single team. That has never been done before. This isn't ESPN New York or something that favors one market - this is literally covering ONE team.

And for all the "hate" they received all year - the only articles I've seen the last month have been pro-Heat.

20. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    The best team will overcome... three (possibly two) games left.

21. Ozzy

Obviously you think you know better because you seem to think you're looking from the outside but I don't buy it.

22. Ozzy

Do you think that winning not one, but three series in a row has forced them to say something positive? I surely do.

23. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I am pretty much. I'll admit I'm going for the mavs but only because they are from Texas.

24. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    So you are trying to say that the Heat index, the only section on the largest sports news site on the internet dedicated to one team, has not been mostly positive for this year?

Bill Simmons, Adrian Wojnarowski and a few others have been consistently negative - but there have been mostly positive articles coming from ESPN and a few others.

25. Ozzy

Mostly positive? Heck no and no one should!

26. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    The Heat Index has been pretty impartial.

Bill Simmons and Wojnarowski have both been unrelenting and flat-out vindictive. They aren't even in the realm of negative.