1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt infield and the sod.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Merauder, Oct 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I don't think this was posted yet but are we going to see the sod again on Monday? I really cannot wait until the Marlins are gone. So sick of that dirt infield costing us points and games. Whoever says it hasn't is seriously in denial.

2. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I sent out an email this morning actually, waiting for an answer. I shoould know by tonight.

Merauder likes this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Maybe they should just use quicksand near the Pats sideline and bench.

alen1, SICK and steveincolorado like this.
  4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Marlins are @ home....and play Sunday afternoon....dont think 24hrs is enough time to turn this around...expect DIRT for monday night

5. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    the jets had no problems on the sod in last sundays game.come to think of it we seem to be the only ones that really have a problem playing on dirt and sod.looks like a good case for the junior crime detectives.

SICK and steveincolorado like this.
  6. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    If they sod that thing for Monday night I will personally go down there and kick the groundskeeper in the :censored:

7. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Get over it.

First, people complained about the infield dirt. It somehow hindered the overwhelming talent of our team and caused the visitor to carve out a victory where they should have naturally been stomped. :rolleyes:

Then, we sodded over the dirt. And there was much rejoicing. But then Jason Allen and Yeremiah Bell slipped, and so somehow the infield dirt was still to blame. Perhaps the infield dirt’s evil had possessed the sod and caused it to interfere only with one team, sort of like a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial gone astray.

Of course, the infield dirt never seemed to bother the visiting team. I can’t recall the infield dirt hurting their chances of victory. I can’t recall the sod causing any Jets player to slip and slide, too. Braylon Edwards and Dustin Keller seemed just fine.

People: Olindo Mare was a bad kicker. It had nothing to do with the infield dirt.

8. HeelsnPhins

HeelsnPhins Member

May 21, 2010
    Sterling, VA
    I see what you did there.

However, we actually do have more spots in the proverbial 'Russian roulette' wheel because we play so many games on it. Law of averages points to us getting burned by it while others don't, just because it our own **** field.:sad:
    Not to say that it's to blame as much as OP indicates, but it is a valid point.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  9. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Last I checked, both teams play on the same field. No complaints, no explanations.

steveincolorado and MikeHoncho like this.
  10. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    First of all I had known I was going to get some condescending responses I wouldn't have posted it to begin with. Didn't know there were so many experts on the subject. It's my personal opinion on the matter, just like you have your own opinion. No need to be disrespectful to me. Thanks.

11. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    It's a touchy subject around here I think. You're not the first person to be dressed down for their opinion on it, probably won't be the last.

Everyone's got their opinion on it, and it's kind of a dead horse that's been beaten into submission over the years

12. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Then don’t preemptively accuse those who might disagree with you of being in denial.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  13. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't think they'll have enough time to cover it up effectively.

And I hate the infield. I also hate that when someone asks the question people assume you must hate it b/c it affects your team more than the other. I hate it b/c it looks unprofessional. The standard in the league is that players play on a certain level of field and ours is below that. Every one of the player's polls I've seen lists the Dolphin field among the worst in the league.

It also contributes to bad football. Players slipping is not what I long to see. I'm not claiming it affects one team more than the other. I' saying it affects the quality of the product I get to watch.

14. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ok that's great. You can have your opinion, as well as the other people who thanked you for your post. I'm not going to sit here and try to attack your opinion though and be condescending about it. You want to make it seem like your opinion is a fact. Guess what? It's NOT. Sorry.

15. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thank you for your post. It's nice to see someone post a well thought out, respectful reply.

16. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Do I get to accuse you of being in denial, too? :lol:

CaribPhin, resnor and GMJohnson like this.
  17. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    First you say "Whoever says it hasn't is seriously in denial." And then you wonder why you get condescending responses? C'mon man. Your OP was condescending to begin with. Don't dish it out if you cant take it :up:.

resnor and Desides like this.
  18. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    It was a general statement, and I will say it again. If you think that infield hasn't cost the team ANY points at all over the years, you are in denial. That's my opinion.

19. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    For players safety, I think we will see dirt for this game. 24 hours is not enough time for the sod to root and be safe.

20. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    There you go again.

GMJohnson likes this.
  21. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    One more game and it will be over with forever:up:
    Like everyone else, I don't like the infield dirt, but if baseball players can play of it, then the big boys who are supposed to be tough can do it.

rafael likes this.
  22. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I think it's naive to sit there and act like it hasn't affected games at all. Because thats basically what you're saying. You think it hasn't affected any games or made any difference in the outcome of ANY games played there since the Marlins arrived. Not to mention injuries but I won't even go into that.

23. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Forever???

No dirt next year? Thought Marlins are playing in Joe Robbie one more season (2011).

THought the new Marlins stadium is opening 2012 season?

SICK likes this.
  24. steveincolorado

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    You could be right, I thought this was the last year?? Sorry, I may be wrong:sad:

25. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Merauder...the problem is, you are saying that the field screws the Dolphins...but others are pointing out that other teams have played fine on it. Why is that? Why can other teams manage to play on it, but the Dolphins can't? Perhaps the field hasn't been the problem...

steveincolorado and SICK like this.
  26. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

You're missing the point. They don't roll out grass on the Away possession and then make us play on the dirt. Both teams play on the same field and it somehow only "costs" us. Maybe we just sucked the last couple of years. Considering who our HC's were, I think we sucked.

SICK and GMJohnson like this.
  27. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Hello!!! Both teams play on the same field. That's not an opinion. It's like saying the hot weather has cost us games because our players get tired. Weak...

SICK likes this.
  28. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    so if it costs us points....then it "costs" the other team points no? if anything it should be an advantage for us....we've been playing on it since 1993

29. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    correct.

steveincolorado likes this.
  30. JMORGAN6977

JMORGAN6977 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    PHX
    Got a point there.

31. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    For all of you who are on Merauder's case about his opinion of the dirt infield does that mean that you all like that mucky *** mud when it rains... :confused1:

32. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    do i like it? no. but to spout off factless statements that the field only effects one team....and more specifically the HOME TEAM...thats where i disagree.

33. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    He said it costs us points and games. Never once was it stated that it favors the other team. That my friend was an immediate assumption from this board due to the foolishness people were spewing after the game.

Merauder likes this.
  34. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    if it costs us games. and points. then it costs the other teams points and games.

its funny, you never hear the patriot or jet fans complaining about the field.....why? they always beat us on it.

Its just an excuse for dolfans to use for a crap dolphin team.

How'd marino and the dolphins do on it in the 90s? funny the field wasnt an issue then, cause we were winning 10, 11 games.

35. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    They don't actually play on the same stuff. There's a layer of softer clay that's used for baseball games that gets removed for football games. The football players play on the concrete like lower clay.

And by football players I only mean the Dolphins, Raiders and their opponents, b/c no other teams share facilities.

steveincolorado likes this.
  36. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    If it's costing US games, then it's favoring the other team, as they are winning because of it (supposedly). Its a silly argument. The field isn't what's costing us games.

GMJohnson and SICK like this.
  37. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    like i said before....it should be an ADVANTAGE for us. we have been playing on it for 18 years

38. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    When in the hell did I say it was. I was merely defending a guy who got ripped to shreds and insulted by a bunch of snarling dogs for his opinion. I never once said it was the right opinion now did I. Everyone assumes way too much without knowing the facts. Personally I think the infield is the world's largest eyesore and that is the extent. That is why I want it to go away. Because it is embarrassing to look at and when it rains it ruins the field conditions. You would think a football team could play on the same surface throughout the season but nope we have to have perhaps the ugliest field in Sports in the first month of the season. That is the reason I don't like it okay. Is that good enough?

Merauder likes this.
  39. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    he didnt say "i think the field casues issues" which is an opinion

he made a statement and passed it as a fact...

40. JMORGAN6977

JMORGAN6977 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    PHX
    Cant we all just get along. The field is gone this year hooray! Now quit beating the crap out of the frickin horse.:deadhorse:

Nobody had an advantage it sucked for everyone and was an embarrasment for the franchise which is finally resolved. Yes some people do sit and wait to jump on every little post and that can be aggrevating but it is what it is. Got to have thick skin in the world today.......