1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirty Plays Finally Catching Up With Pats Wilfork?

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by alen1, Oct 26, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    ProFootballTalk.com - Rumor Mill

Coral Reefer, SICK, brandon27 and 2 others like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

please oh please

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    It absolutely FLOORS me that this is going on. Just one more indicator that Goodel does indeed play favorites.

On one hand you have guys being unjustly fined for Hard but legal hits, then you have this where Wilfork has repeatedly and blatantly tried to hurt guys....usually well after the whistle has blown, he comes out and admits that he is dirty, yet ZERO reprecussions...

Truely a said state of affairs IMO.

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Cant wait to hear what excuse the Pats fans have for him now

The "He was just trying to break his fall" excuse for the elbow to Losman's knee was laughable.

Coral Reefer and azfinfanmang like this.
  5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

harrisons career is over? i knew he went out but hadn't heard anything otherwise.

6. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

I was actually surprised he came back to play this year, the guy is only about 60 years old :lol:

IF he does indeed retire from this, I wouldnt expect any Presser's from the Patsies until Training camp of next year...maybe not even that soon. :wink2:

7. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    That's a little strong IMO. Shouldn't hope for anybody to be seriously injured like that IMO. That's what the degenerates in Philly do. If this were the 60's, he'd be celebrated like Butkus, Ray Nischke, Night Train, etc.

The league will escalate the fines/suspensions as necessary. They will throw him out of the league if it gets to that point a la Chuck Cecil.

Wilfork got called into the principal's office today, as he's in NYC for a meeting with Goodell.

8. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Actually no. Hopefully he would feel the pain from getting the crap knocked out of him later in the game. Nothing wrong with making somebody feel some pain, but not from a cheap shot.

cnc66 and azfinfanmang like this.
  9. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Nothing is going to happen to him... he is a Patriot

SICK, dolphindebby and azfinfanmang like this.
  10. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    You in fact are correct. Looks like he gets a fine, a pretty small one all things considered.

I usually take the high-road and dont wish injury on players, but I am really starting to think that Injury is the ONLY justice against New England.

Compared to what others around the league have been fined and even suspended for, this is absolutely rediculous that Wilfork isnt getting hit harder than this...absolutely ABSURD

Pats DT Wilfork avoids suspension, to be fined for Cutler hit - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Coral Reefer and MelbournePhin like this.
  11. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Karma got the pats back with BRady, harrsion and thomas being out due to injuries. I have a feeling wilfork or light might get it next since goodell won't do anything about it

12. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    :lol:

That was one of my favorite arguments ever.
    Completely absurd.
    This guy now has a long and distinguished list of evidence that he's a turd.
    They need to take care of him.
    All these stupid penalties they call on guys making what should be legitimate hits on QB's in the name of protection and yet they allow one player to repeatedly take clearly illegal shots at those same QB's and other players?