1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disbelief.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Merauder, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    We just helped the Patriots set an NFL RECORD last night. As if losing wasn't bad enough, they now have an extra special little stat to go with the W. I haven't been this DISGUSTED after a loss in a long time. I don't think I was this disgusted after last years loss to the Colts and Saints. Miami was in PERFECT position to put their collective foot on the Patriots throats in the first half. 7-0, driving near the red zone. Passing, passing passing.....its working. How about throwing some runs in the mix? No....Henning wants to keep throwing. 1st and 10 near the red zone, lets run the ball a little bit. Both those two early int's were on 1st and 10's near the red zone. The second one was with 2:50 remaining in the 2nd quarter on the 30 yard line. 1st and 10......I thought a run was the best call in this situation. Run some of that clock down so even if you don't score a touchdown, you get a field goal and then there is barely any time left on the clock for the Pats to do anything. Instead of going up 14-3 or 10 -3 they turn the ball over and hand the momentum to the Patriots going into halftime. The special teams coordinator AND offensive coordinator failed us last night. Am I missing something? Aren't we supposed to be a good rushing team? Ricky is running hot and he gets only 7-10 touches?

I think all the points that were brought up after the victories in week 1 and 2 are now looking like it wasn't just unnecessary negativity. There is something SERIOUSLY wrong here. My confidence level in this coaching staff is almost completely gone, save for Mike Nolan.

DolfanJake and gunn34 like this.
  2. Static XIII

Static XIII New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    That's what we do, we let teams set records on monday night......

Merauder likes this.
  3. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    This is one of if not THE MOST PATHETIC losses in the history of the franchise. Jags playoff meltdown is probably #1, this is #2. I am so f***ing sick. I feel like we just lost the remaining 12 games all in one night.

DolfanJake likes this.
  4. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Which is why you should probably stop posting. They are getting worse and worse as the hours go by.

"Lost confidence......save for Nolan"

A damn fine argument could be made that THIS is the guy that left the 49ers in such a mess that they can't win 4 years AFTER he is gone.

There are many issues with this team. Many issues........But it's far from a "scorch the earth" proposition. It's more like fire ONE GUY and do not think that your entire special teams unit is expendable.

Two Tacos and Merauder like this.
  5. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Listen if we rewind our tape Miami also had two blocked punts in the Preseason that brings a total of 4 blocked punts, why isn't somebody losing their job ? Seriously we were 2-0 looking good and now it appears disaster in looming on the horizon. There's no excuse for the total bad play on National tv at home, period!! Heads need to roll and Sparano doesn't want to do it let's start with him after all the head coach is responsible for the team.

gunn34 and Merauder like this.
  6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Then there was the 100th win for Brady.

DolfanJake and Merauder like this.
  7. BillyD0123

BillyD0123 New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    ???

Didn't Brady throw 6 TD's on Miami once?
    Last night was a bit flukey, I thought.

8. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    WE didn't do a damn thing, I was at home in my reclining chair actually :up:

But I get your point

9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    If Sparano doesn't fire Bonamego by 12:00 noon EST, I will have to start calling for his head too. He needs to man up and fire people. I know you're boys, but this man is putting your job on the line. You have to cut that worthless anchor before he has you drown too.

10. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Getting rid of players like Charlie Anderson has REALLY hurt our special teams. Has anyone mentioned this yet? There have been so many changes to the roster that it's pretty hard for people to all get on the same page quickly. I just don't understand how our special teams can be so bad STILL after all these years of bad special teams play.

Had so much confidence in the team after the 2-0 start. Now I'm feeling like the season is over. I don't have a good feeling anymore.

11. jazz

jazz Active Member

Mar 6, 2010
    and the funny thing about his 100th win was that he didn't have to do jack to earn it.

absolutely sickening and embarrassing.