1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc Golf Anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by JCowScot, Oct 6, 2017.

1. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    Any other folks here play/follow disc golf?

Anyone even heard of it?

[​IMG]

Anyway, the USDGC (US Disc Golf Championship) is going on right now in Rock Hill, SC at one of the most challenging courses in the world. This is also one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world, and many players from outside the US come to play it. Tomorrow is the final round and the current World Champion is three shots back of the leader. Here's an ace from earlier in the week:

And if you haven't seen it somewhere else yet, the most-watched DG video ever:

I've become obsessed with the sport the past couple years, even to the point I'd rather play/watch disc golf on a Sunday than watch the Phins play (especially the past couple weeks).

I'm hoping there are at least a few of you fellow Phin fans out there that play or follow the sport, and if not, maybe I can convert some of you! :up:

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    About 15 years ago, I had a few hippie friends who were always trying to get me to play. I never had any interest.

3. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    Still a few hippies, but it’s grown up quite a bit. The last 15 years the sport has exploded (relatively) to where guys and gals) can make a living touring professionally. It’s kind of at the point where the NFL was in the early 50’s.

And I highly recommend trying it at least once, preferably with a few friends and a few beers. :beer: