1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disney Movie Club

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Seeking Answers, Sep 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Seeking Answers

Seeking Answers New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    So i saw the get 5 movies for 1$ deal and took them up on it. I got 5 blue ray movies for 1$ but it was too good to be true as I need to buy 4 DVD's within 2 years at 19.95 a piece plus shipping...now here is my thing, what if i dont buy any dvd's in those two years? Will i get charged or will it show up on my credit? I know its not a bad deal, 100$ for 10 blue rays...and worst thing is i can return the dvd's i get at walmart since they take back anything. But should i return them and just cancel?

2. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Like you just said...they can be returned to Wal Mart and the first six disks may cost you a total of $10-15.

The kicker is the fine print....they make you work for those free DVD's by spamming you monthly with offers and automatically sending you the title of the month if you don't send a form back before their due date. I cancelled because my kids would get the mail, open it cause they saw Disney, then throw it away after they got bored with the pictures...so I ended up stuck with a few titles that I didn't want to buy. If you're on top of the mail and don't mind jumping through hoops to meet the quota, it's a good deal though.

An alternative would be to buy all four movies your first month, cancel, then sell everything on eBay (after watching them) for a quick profit of $50-80 or so. Wait two months and repeat...I know a few people who do this several times per year with every movie club out there.

If you have a DVD burner it's even better for your family, but I won't go that route since it's getting into legalities (if you own the disk, you are allowed to make a personal copy to preserve the original, but anything past that is tempting fate).