1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dissecting Other Teams For a Change

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GMJohnson, Aug 3, 2011.

1. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    We can poke holes into ANY team we want. It just so happens that right now the focus is on poking holes in our own team, which is fine. But if you're going to poke holes objectively then it makes sense to do it across the board and not to just one team in particular.

The Jets have a problem at safety, a huge question mark at WR, a and QB who was very fortunate to not have thrown 100 picks last year. They're adding two rookies to their DL rotation, neither have played the 3-4 DE before. They didn't have much of a pass rush even before they lost JT and Shaun Ellis. Their last two defensive 1st rounders are V Gholston who was cut and Kyle Wilson who they like so much opposite Revis that they chased Asomuga like a greyhound then gave 32 million to the always unreliable Antonio Cromartie and his family when the Nnamdi deal fell through. We've beaten them 4 outta 6 even as they were chasing glory while we rebuilt in the shadows. Despite the public bravado, they are bleeding talent and leadership just as our rebuilding project nears completion. Can we say 5-1 over the next few years?

The Bills are still the Bills, bleeding away established veterans like Posluzsny and Lynch and replacing them with washed up vets like Nick Barnett, Shawne Merriman and T.O. Why? Buffalo is the purgatory where NFL careers go to die and that isn't changing any time before they move to L.A.. Would Ryan Fitzpatrick be enough to quench our thirst for a franchise QB? Why won't we take a QB early in the draft? It might turn out to be Trent Edwards or JP Losman, that's why. We complain about our OL but which Buffalo OL would sniff the starting lineup for us? They have a decent secondary but no pass rush. CJ Spiller & Aaron Maybin were total disappointments, will they do any better with Marcel Dareus? Fred Jackson runs as hard as anyone in the league and he's done so for years. Who's going to carry the load if he goes down? Spiller? And didn't they hire the Wanstache? That can't be a good sign.

Outside of QB, what unit on New England's roster is demonstrably better than their Miami counterpart? Who'd they add to bolster their anemic pass rush? No one, in fact they released their best rusher Banta-Cain. Rex Ryan exposed the Pats O in the playoffs last year. Flood the short zones, trust your corners to hold up outside, stop the run w/ just your front 7. Not many teams have the front 7 and CBs to pull a strategy like that off but the Miami Dolphins are one of them. And not only that, unlike the Jets, we can generate a rush w/o blitzing consistently. Brady is a year older, so are Wilfork, Welker, Ocho Cinco and Matt Light. How many of our star players are past their prime?

I'm no Reggie Bush fan but who in the division has a LB who can cover him? We may not have blown the doors off of the FA market but we drafted to fill specific needs on offense and our defense has no excuse for not being even better this year. We have a slew of talented young players who are coming into their prime, if a decent number of them improve then the team's overall talent grows exponentially. IMO it's time to spit the bad taste of last season out and realize that come September everyone is 0-0 again.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I believe the majority of fans who think this team is going to have a losing season is wrong..

Tell me what Jet defenders you would take over ours position by position?...Its a short list..Revis, definitely, Leonhard, maybe, Cromart, not over VD, Harris, not over Dansby, not even close..

I see us being better with the additions of first round pick Jared Odrick, JT with great players around him will upgrade that situational position, The upgrade at inside linebacker with Burnett, Will allen, and the resigning of MCD..If MCD is gone, someone not as good as him is eating his reps, that's why I include him...

Did anyone ever think JT helped that defense play better last year, he sure was on the field a lot...

On top of the additions on D, We have most of our guys now in their prime with experience..Wake, VD, Smith, Langford, Solai, Dansby, Misi, Starks..shoot, all those players are all in there twenties man, for real, and their all ballers..give up all you want, but I ain't doin that sh%$ until I see those ''Bad Boyz'' play...Optimistic my ***, those boys can play..Prototype size at all positions, fast, athletic....''Bad Boyz'',hmmmm, Its gotta nice ring to it..

Offense...Let me start with a little clip from #23 ronnie brown....''R. Brown talks about Henne,
    When asked about Henne, R. Brown got defensive and said last years performance was attributed to the offense's predictability. Also said players were fans of sparano, and didnt like henning much. Give Henne one last shot in this new scheme, if he fails to improve, go big next year with a QB!''

Also, its starting to come out that the plan all along was to ''not to get rid of Henne'', but to surround him with better players''..

The two quotes jive a bit..

Y'all can give up before Henne plays with a better cast around him if you want, I'am not gonna do that for one reason, I saw the man play good football for 10 games last season before he got benched and hurt, I watched every damn drop, and dissected every players responsibility on the play, I saw the man manage a team that was disfuntional, lacking in speed and playmaking ability, and a whole bunch of unpredictability that was not there,[there is proof of that}, I saw him make throws that other QB cannot, and when thinking about his skillset in more of a power spread quick tempo offense, that kind of arm is very attractive to that style..I do feel like the reason he was benched is because of being too focused on his position without understanding the importance of the intangibles in this game, i don't think its farfetched to think he might improve as a leader, we shall see, that intangible is tough to predict..but once again, the tape shows the perception of this player, is out of whack and spiraling on its own.

Special teams are gonna be better, Jimmy wilson, Wallace, Rjones, Carroll, Bush, Gates, JTrunk,Clay, I believe there is enough talent and athleticism to improve that unit, enough talent to improve our worse starting field position.

The jets added 1 player and signed their own, ok, thats cool man, I remember beating this sh^% out of them on defense at their park winning the game, and if it wasn't for the play of Jason allen, we beat that team at our park , we were at least a stalemate with them..

I think this fanbase is underestimating this team, and I believe it underestimates this coach,we got over a month before our first game..Let them bring in players, let them upgrade our depth, this is something that could NOT be done for the past 7 months, the perception that we do not execute or are not disciplined is inaccurate, you see us outphysical at the los against teams, most teams, but the weaknesses always showed their ugly heads. Thats what 4th year offseasons are for, balance out the team..

You don't wanna give this young team a chance to perform when you know damn well they won 8 games last year?, their young, their coming into their prime, we addressed most of the weaknness, and subtracted others

When I looked back on the team, some of us stated the weaknesses, went on the record about them ...Ronnie was a weakness, Ricky was a weakness, Crowder was a weakness, Sapp was a weakness, J allen was a weakness, Henning was a major weakness, I know that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, but, well, their all gone, and the one player that everyone said was the weakness, a few disagreed..He's still our QB..

At this point, i'am on the same page with our GM..Would I continue to look into Orton, sure, but I'am not giving up a 2nd for him..

Well, Sorry GM I didn't follow your premise, I just kind of realized that..

GMJohnson and ToddsPhins like this.