1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divisional Round: NY Jets @ New England Patriots

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by BicketyBam, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Nah, it sucks to be US.

DolfanJake, muscle979 and Pandarilla like this.
  2. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Lets go ****in Steelers. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u guys must win **** the Jets and Rexy

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ...as a Dolfan, can you (or I or any other dolfan) really truly mean that?

4. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Rex just said on his presser: "We are not afraid of anybody." That is the opposite of of the attitude our team had this year... playing scared and conservative after we get a 3 point lead.

5. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I love it when I'm right.

:)

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Wow.

Guess what you win?

The Jets with a chance to goto the SB.

Awesome.

DolfanJake and dolfan32323 like this.
  7. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Nope, the Steelers will beat them.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  8. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    "Rooting" for the Jests this game was the smart move if you didn't want either the Pats or Jets to make it.

jazz and adamprez2003 like this.
  9. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    This makes me sick to my stomach. I have to live with a roommate who is diehard Jets, this really SUCKS. Please, please lose to the Steelers and then lets hope the NFC can win the Super Bowl. Ugh!

10. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Well u got ur wish. Just hope the Steelers win, Either the Jets win or the pats win, Put the spirits down. No such thing as a Steelers win next week, The Jets get alot of props here.

BicketyBam likes this.
  11. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    No way in hell I ever root for the Jets...... I was happy to see Brady leave the field like a zombie however. It was that kind of game.

Tooting your own horn about it is :lol:

12. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    As an avid Dolphins fan, by proxy that makes me an avid Jets and Patriots hater...so with that being said, I don't know how I feel about this game.

I hate the Jets, but love watching the Patriots getting their asses whipped, but now I'm REALLY stuck in a delimna.

The Steelers STOLE a victory from us in Miami...they are playing the Jets next week in the AFC Championship game.

Oh what's a Dolphins fan to do?

DolfanJake likes this.
  13. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    I hate myself for saying this but the Jets are a dangerous team right now. Rex has them playing with an axe to grind. Amazing what you can do when your coaching staff convince a team that they can win and play with anger.

The steelers and (maybe) the packers are our only hopes.

14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, now the Patriots should be watched like hawks as their mtn of draft choices mean several players will shake loose just to make room for all of the draft choices.

15. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    I doubt the Steelers will be shaking. Tomlin is a very good coach and a win here puts him ahead of Cowher.

16. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Anyone else confused why the Pats were running Woodhead in the fourth QTR instead of BJGE?
    I walked away from time to time. Did Green-Ellis get hurt?

17. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Nothing was said about BGE being hurt. My guess it was white boy love and a little bit of look what I can do with your castoff stubborness.

18. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Hopefully, the Dolphins can return the favor of taking their players for a change...

19. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I dislike the Steelers as much as the Jets and Pats honestly. I hate all of their bandwagon fans and I hate that they almost always have the refs as their 12th man. I really don't care who wins next weekend. I'll be rooting hard for the NFC in the big game.

I don't know why everybody thinks it's such a foregone conclusion that the Steelers will win. The Jets beat them last month and well.. they just beat a team nobody gave them a chance against.

DarkLadyJets and BicketyBam like this.
  20. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    As bad as things have been for us, in the past two years the mighty Pats have the exact same amount of playoff victories. That makes me feel a little better on a frustrating football weekend.

21. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Welker will be one of them. You can see he is being phased out already. Edelmann & Woodhead will replace him, with one of them winning out next year.

22. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    ****'em.

23. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    That was an intense game. I think I threw up in mouth about 3 times. The Jets never make it easy for me. I am ready collapse.

No gloating here. I was as surprised as many of you were. Biggest shock for me was that Sanchez didn't turn the ball over. He didn't play great (especially in the beginning), but he played good enough. Jets defense was the star of the game. And Rex. Hate the fat foot man all you want, but he did everything right this week and in the game.

I'm done. See you next week.

DarkLadyJets and Dolphin1184 like this.
  24. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Not nice.

25. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Dolphins beat some good teams and lost to some bad ones. Who knows what will happen in 2011, once again there were 5 new playoff teams this season, and the defending Super Bowl champs didn't win a playoff game again. Aren't the 2005 Patriots the last defending champs to win a playoff game? Things can quickly change.

26. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    I never root for the Jests or Pats. I "hoped" the Jests would win because I think the Steelers have a better chance of beating the Jests than they do the Pats.

I love to see Brady's face when he gets pressured. He has that lost school girl look. :pointlol: All a team has to do is figure out their O-Line and get to Brady. Did you see all the bad passes he made when he was just pressured? Sure, when a QB is sacked none are going to complete a pass, but when a defensive player even gets CLOSE to Brady he wilts.

I wasn't around here after the Patriots won their last Super Bowl, but after that season I always said that the Patriots will not win another Super Bowl for a long, long time. I've been called a "homer", "stupid", "crazy", etc etc (even by Dolphins fans), but so far I've been right. In fact, ever since their last Super Bowl win the Patriots are 5 and 5 in the playoffs. Why? Their defense just haven't been as good. Defense wins Championships.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  27. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I just saw that Sanchez had a 127.3 passer rating. In Foxboro. In 30 degree weather with a 19 degree wind chill. I guess he played better than ok. He'll need a repeat performance next week.

28. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

You know, the Jets team and playcalling really are helping Sanchez come along slowly with lots of support. That made me think, Sanchez is not really more talented than Henne. If Henne had the same support he could do at least as well.

Watching today's game made me think Henne was REALLY buried by a terrible OC this year. henne sucks, sure, but if we got a great OC, and QB coach, Henne may actually be salvageable. Before today I thought it was impossible.

We still need a real starting vet though. Henne needs a lot of bench time to develop in a new system.

29. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    That's what some of us here have been saying! Not that we think Henne will be some sort of super star, but if he had the players and coaches around him that Ryan, Flacco, or Sanchez does, then he would be playing a lot better. Henne's confidence is shot, where as Sanchez's, even last year when he was throwing INT's every game, Coach's and teammates picked up his slack and gave him the ressurance that he was thier guy. Sanchez is flying high right now and his confidence is soaring. And all because of his TEAM. To be fair, he had a couple of great throws yesterday.

30. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I like Sanchez's ability to keep a play alive.

sent from my EVO 4G

31. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Yeah, he's good on his feet and seems to think quickly when pressured also. That roll out to his left, when he was under pressure, and the pointing downfield telling his WR that he was going to throw the ball there was pretty good.

Steelers will put an end to this 130 QBR crap though. :)

32. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    He also throws the fade as good as any QB in the league.

sent from my EVO 4G

33. Auburn

Auburn New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Double dose of crow for me Bam, great job by your team and its coaching staff. I will not doubt them again. Good luck the rest of the way. I am envious.

:)

BicketyBam likes this.
  34. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    Holmes and Sanchez are unstoppable with that play.

DarkLadyJets likes this.
  35. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Sanchez has excellent athleticism. The staff has been doing a pretty good job for two seasons putting him in situations to succeed more times than not. Fist pumper should have been taking notes but he's probably sitting somewhere trying to create player snap count formulas or something.

36. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    only difference between us and them is they have an offensive line than can run block and ours fell apart. We can fix that in one offseason. Nothing to worry about

37. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I'd love it if that were true....but I just don't think it is.

The Jets are far and away better than we are.

At every single offensive position they have a better player than us except for LT and MAYBE RT.

Not to mention the fact that their coaches are far superior to ours and their OC, hate him or not, knows exactly how to use his players. Sanchez is inaccurate downfield......great, make his game about intermediate slants and high percentage passes.

Schotty does a fantastic job of getting the most out of his offense. He's done as good a job as any other OC at making a below average QB look very above average.

For all the crap about not making chicken salad out of chicken ****. That's the biggest load of garbage I've ever heard. Brian Schottenheimer does just that every week with Mark Sanchez. And Bill Bellichick has been doing that this entire decade. Winning Superbowls with WRs at CB......that's good coaching.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  38. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010

I agree for the most part. I do not agree that the Jests offense is that much better than ours. You said it yourself, their OC is able to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. I think we match up pretty well with the Jets. They have tons more experience (playoff experience especially) and a better OC/QB coach.

39. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City

Sanchez has "it." He really does. This guy is a pure winner. Outplaying Brady in New England is not the easiest task but he did it. We ****ing did it. One more game and we're in the big dance. I'm so proud of the New York Jets. I'm so proud of being a fan.

DarkLadyJets likes this.
  40. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010

"WE"

You really are delusional, huh? I bet you actually think you're Darrelle Revis too, huh?

Anyhow, it will be great when the Steelers smash the Jests next week. Not only will it be nice to see the Jests fail, again, but you'll leave until next season I'm sure. :pointlol:

And you're "proud" of being a "fan"? Wow, you're life must be very ****ty.