1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMB sax player is gone...

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by JCowScot, Aug 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    Don't know if any of you guys (or gals:wink2:) around here listen to the DMB, but it is a sad day for them.

http://www.davematthewsband.com/

He was in an ATV accident back in June, and seemed to be on the road to recovery. I suspect that it was a clot, but since they are keeping it hush-hush, I don't really know.:no: Regardless of whether you liked their music, politics, whatever- it is a sad day for all music lovers. It is always heartbreaking when a really good/great musician dies. And he was a really good one.:pity: May you RIP, brother. Your music lives on for you...

Fin Fan In Cali and bg34 like this.
  2. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    I am very saddened by this. I live 25 miles from C-ville and grew up listening to them, seen many shows, etc.

DMB is one of my fav's, RIP Leroi.

JCowScot likes this.
  3. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    my bro is a HUGE dave Matthews fan, i mean huge...i use to like them till he over played them...but i did respect the talent they had. And one thing DMB is different than other bands is things like having a Sax player, Moore was a fantastic musician and it is a sad day in music. may he RIP

JCowScot likes this.
  4. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    May he rest in peace. Love that sax on DMB.

JCowScot likes this.
  5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    not really a dmb fan,in fact I really can't stand there songs, but I always respected their creativity. RIP to him, hope dmb doesn't go away...........

JCowScot likes this.
  6. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    What do you think about the band performing in LA 2 hours after Leroi passed? I mean, he died around 3pm and they were sound checking at 530. I can't really understand that at all.

7. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    Well, it depends... Music by it's very nature is both emotional and spiritual. I could very easily see DMB finding solace and release in their music. If I was in their position, that's what I would do. And I can tell you that it would be the best friggin' performance of my life. If DMB knew beforehand, those people in LA got one soulful, emotional, special concert. (For an example of what I'm talking about, go listen to Aretha Franklin's first record. It was recorded not long after her mother died. More pain and soul than you could ever hope to fit inside even Notre Dame Cathedral.)

So, as a musician- no, I don't have a problem w/ that. In fact, it would be cool if they recorded the concert and released it on CD/DVD, with all the proceeds to go to his family and/or fave charities. I would buy that up in a heartbeat.