Do the Dolphins have any chance to beat the Pats this week?
94 replies
NO! Negative! Absolutely Not.
Well Maybe,
"Piston Honda wrote:
Not expecting a win but If Finnegan, Taylor & Misi are healthy I think we can hang with them. Kinda sucks to see so many fans raising their skirts...
I don't think the Pats have a chance...barring major injuries. Just a gut feeling.
Puck the Fats.
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
Not going to be close. If we keep it within 2 scores I'll be amazed.
We were hanging with them last year in Foxborough until the zebras decided to make up some batted ball bullshht rule.

I think their O is due since GB and SD sort of kept them in check. Or maybe their O is just overrated? Tough to gauge.
I think that by a small miracle that we find a way to win this game. And I will not worry about Minny until next week. Come on guys..gut it out and bring a Victory home to us.LET'S GO FINS ! ! ! !
There's always a chance. But I am not very hopeful. The deck is stacked against us.
If its Pats Vs Fins, then we have a shot.
If its Pats and Refs Vs Fins, then no way.
//still bitter about last week
No. And I look forward to studying all day. No more going out to watch these games unless we somehow get into playoff contention by week 17 which we won't. I'm excited mostly for black Monday. Honestly. And don't call me a bad fan. I have ridden this our too long already this year.
This blaming the Refs thing is insane. If the Refs were biased then NE would not have had that TD overturned on that Browner hit that the entire country saw. I hate blaming officials for losses. It is absolutely wimpy. Let the moronic Colts and Broncos fans do that.
"Bpk wrote:
Gronk vs Jimmy Wilson... or a hobbled Misi....or Philip Wheeler.
Belichick vs Philbin
Brady vs Tannehill
Too close to call.
Agreed it all seems very simplistic when you break it down like this. I try to be optimistic, but there is no chance...
Not too mention your break down doesn't even include the Fins run defense, against the Pats power attack of late.
If I were an oddsmaker I would honestly set the over/under at 225 rushing yards for the Patriots. (and as a gambler I would still likely take the over:unsure:)
"Phins Up Wins Up wrote:
How optimistic or pessimistic are you? With our injuries and bad play lately do we have any shot? What do you predict the outcome will be? This is a big division rivalry game. I hope they really get up for this one. And since they have almost nothing to lose they shouldn't play conservative. Run some trick plays and for heaven sake throw some deep passes for Wallace. Get some extra protection for Tanny. Maybe keep a tight end to block some plays. Help out this horrendous O line some. I hope they just come out with a chip on their shoulder and guns blazing. No more conservative mentality and get really creative on offense. Nothing to lose.
I am very optimistic, my beard will not allow 2 losses in a row. Case closed! Miami wins!
"CashInFist wrote:
No way Dallas Thomas starts this week
Told you.
Blaming the refs for last year is nuts. Blame the coaching staff. They stopped running the ball, which was working. But hey, blame the refs. It's their fault Philbin and Crew stopped feeding Miller the ball.
on Twitter @mpark14news
"Phins Up Wins Up wrote:
How optimistic or pessimistic are you? With our injuries and bad play lately do we have any shot? What do you predict the outcome will be? This is a big division rivalry game. I hope they really get up for this one. And since they have almost nothing to lose they shouldn't play conservative. Run some trick plays and for heaven sake throw some deep passes for Wallace. Get some extra protection for Tanny. Maybe keep a tight end to block some plays. Help out this horrendous O line some. I hope they just come out with a chip on their shoulder and guns blazing. No more conservative mentality and get really creative on offense. Nothing to lose.
In a word...no. Miami will not beat New England!
"MAFishFan wrote:
Blaming the refs for last year is nuts. Blame the coaching staff. They stopped running the ball, which was working. But hey, blame the refs. It's their fault Philbin and Crew stopped feeding Miller the ball.
We just going to act like there wasn't multiple phantom calls in critical situations that directly lead to NE scoring a bunch of a points? You're not wrong that there other contributing reasons for that loss, but the refs absolutely ****ed us. Oh I sorry, that strip sack of Tom Brady doesn't count because Vernon tried to get the ball with a defender belly flopping on him and knocked it away? In fact, let's give NE an automatic 1st down after a 10 yard penalty from the line of scrimmage...
If the Raiders can beat SF. Anyone can beat anyone.
"DolphinGreg wrote:
Has Belichick ever lost a chance to lock up the division?Those seem to be the Patriots most motivated weeks.
Well I know of one year for sure he failed in 2008 when we won the division and both ourselves and New England had 11-5 records. BB watched the 2008 playoffs on his TV set. :)
"RickyNeverInhaled wrote:
I am very optimistic, my beard will not allow 2 losses in a row. Case closed! Miami wins!
I appreciate your lack of doom and gloom on here this past week.
It's a football game, anything can happen. It's amazing that we beat the snot out of these guys already this year, but all i'm seeing is "no way we can win this". I'm not really expecting a win, but it certainly can happen and i'll sit down to watch the game (took me a few days to get back in the mood to want to honestly)
"ElNino wrote:
I appreciate your lack of doom and gloom on here this past week.
It's a football game, anything can happen. It's amazing that we beat the snot out of these guys already this year, but all i'm seeing is "no way we can win this". I'm not really expecting a win, but it certainly can happen and i'll sit down to watch the game (took me a few days to get back in the mood to want to honestly)
I had to stay away from this place for a couple of days because I was pissed about the Ravens game, I had to exercise self control to not post threads I would regret posting. There is no doubt the Pats are a better team but there is always the "Any given Sunday" factor for any game and that factor is multiplied for division games. Not only that, but we've beat the Pats the last two times we played them. Beating them in Foxborro will be tough, but it is not impossible. To me it all comes down to our pass rush. Will it show up? I think so. We have a passion for putting pressure on Brady, I wish we had that passion for every game because we could be undefeated because we are capable of giving every QB a hard time. The reality is though that some times our pass rush is non existent.
Yes
"IdrA wrote:
Probably. Nothing like another meaningless December win to give us a lower draft pick.
AGREED and there in nothing worse then winning a meaningless game so we can get lousy draft picks so we can continue our journey to football hell.
I have confidence in the players but our coaches will lose this game for us. I see a 41 - 14 loss or a 27- 7 loss in our future.
I remember that but the way the media talks it wasn't we won it was the Pats loss .
"Aquafin wrote:
I remember that but the way the media talks it wasn't we won it was the Pats loss .
Media does that a lot, when the Lions beat the Packers it was what's wrong with the packers. When ever there is an upset u get that whats wrong with the better team crap followed by the bad team played well anyone can beat anyone in the NFL speach, followed up by the next segment "whats wrong with the better team" lol.. honestly why do i continue to watch.
