1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Approve of Ryan Tannehill's Play in 2016?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Sep 14, 2016.

Do you approve of Ryan Tannehill in 2016

Poll closed Sep 25, 2016.
  1. Heck yeah I do, he's the shizzle fo snizzle!

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. I'm not sure yet, it's too early to tell.

22 vote(s)
    71.0%
  3. Heck no, did you even watch the game?

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    It is still a little early for me too tell, but I would like RT to pick up the pace when he drops back and be a little bit more decisive with where he wants to go with the ball. He needs to be more aggressive and take more risks. The ball placement window might be tighter, and we might have a turnover or two, but without a running game and a TE we need to do something to move the ball. Right now, it's like he's sitting back in the pocket in a lounge chair sipping on an ice tea waiting for our WR's to uncover. He doesn't have that kind of time. Not with our OL.

Bumrush and KeyFin like this.
  2. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    That's tough to expect in one week after your QB was told to play error-free football for four seasons. And don't get me wrong, Gase likely told Tannehill the exact same thing. But that's not something you an un-learn in the course of three preseason games and one regular game against the best defense in football.

When I started this thread, I wasn't looking for people to say, "Tannnehill has proved that he's an All-Star" or "Tannehill is a complete failure." I doubt there's anyone here that believes either of those things because it's pretty obvious that they're not true. His toughness and athleticism are unquestionable. And that's where we kind of bump heads....some think he's just a hair away from being awesome while others think he has one foot out the door. And I personally think that EVERYONE is right....I can see both those things.

So that's why I started this poll early and decided to re-post it every few weeks, just to see how the perception changes over the season. With the vast majority saying, "it's too soon to tell", I take that as a big positive. That means you haven't given up on Tannehill but you're expecting to see more at the same time. And we've made it three pages without a big argument here...so grats on that to all of you! We finally found the high road. =)

Surfs Up 99, resnor and Unlucky 13 like this.
  3. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I largely agree.

I think the real question isn't so much whether we like Tannehill at this point. I think most people are happy with his skill set as a QB. The real question is how much of the stagnant offense we blame on the QB.

Okay, so we know that in the first game for example, the offense went cold and it took quite a while for it to come back to life. In the past we've seen the blame tossed onto the O-line, the play-calling, the HC, the OC, etc.

I think this is the year you'll start to see more moderate posters start looking at Tannehill as being a factor in that rather than a victim. I'm perfectly happy with giving Tannehill a pass week-1 on the road against a good defense, but over the course of the season I want him to look aggressive and sharp. I also want to see the offense sustain more drives. To me, that's the missing element of the offense--consistency.

As I said in my first response. I'm not displeased with Tannehill week-1. I just don't think we got to see all of what we wanted to so it's on to week-2. Hopefully we get more of what we're all envisioning in our heads.

KeyFin, dolphin25 and djphinfan like this.
  4. Redwine4all

Redwine4all Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    No. He has to play better.