1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Mar 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    They will find a way. Remember at one point there was 2 Doctor Who's.....Rose left with one of them.

What an awesome twist at the end of episode 2 though!!

2. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    My thoughts on Curse of the Black Spot:

A good episode, but not great however enjoyable nonetheless. Oh and Karen Gillian dressed as pirate = hott. :yes:

Glad to see the strange eye patch lady made an appearance again. I think Moffat is better at keeping a story arc sustained throughout the season. I remember in the first season of the revival when Davies used bad wolf as an indicator that turned out to be Rose and hinting at the conflict with the Daleks. However other than the words appearing, there wasn't much too it. Moffat on the other hand gives you these clues more audibly and makes them play a major part in the season.

Also referring to the eye patch lady, I think there is more merit to the theory that Amy is actually dreaming. Or instead of dreaming, I think she may be giving birth. It was just something that the eye patch lady said that made it sound that way.

3. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    "The Doctor's Wife" was some of the best Who I've seen -- ever. It completely affects the way you look at the series as a whole.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  4. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Got a treat for you all. First trailer from the new season of Doctor Who spinoff "Torchwood":

[video=dailymotion;xiv8yz]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xiv8yz_whoviannet-torchwood-miracle-day-trailer_shortfilms[/video]

DrAstroZoom likes this.
  5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    neat

6. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Extra bit of geek joy in that trailer: Dichen Lachman ("Sierra") from Dollhouse as (apparently) a baddie in the closing seconds.

7. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Yup I got a kick out of that.

8. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

It may be a Dr. Who spinoff but this version of Torchwood is not even going to acknowledge the DR. which I dont like.

9. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Torchwood never really has. Besides the doctor's hand being a prop on the show and a couple mentions along with Martha showing up it's been very independant. Plus Torchwood's show runner Davies doesn't have the connections anymore since he passed Doctor Who onto Moffat.

Not to mention that despite BBC's name being attached to it...it's mostly a Starz show now. Kinda like Doctor Who is always BBC's show despite CBC in Canada helping finance it that first re-booted season.

10. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Doppleganger!

11. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    Half Season Finale thoughts:

So the way I'm seeing it, River's in jail for killing Rory, her Dad, the best man she ever knew since she was perhaps pretty clear that the Doctor has many many faults. Not to mention the way she looked at Rory when he first showed up to get her. Considering Eye Patch is going to use her as a weapon, I think it ties in.

12. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Yah it's pretty much a given now since the title of the episode was "a good man goes to war" and this was a prior conversation with River:

The Doctor: Octavian said you killed a man.

River: Yes, I did.

The Doctor: A good man?

River: A very good man. The best man I’ve ever known.

Plus companions tend to have a short time life on the show so Rory/Amy gotta go by the end of the season unless they are going to break the pattern and have Amy back for a 3rd season. Not sure if they will do this because at some point it's got to be about the Doctor and River as his companion. Which will be interesting as they will have to replace the actress playing River as time goes on as she gets younger as their relationship progresses since the Doctor meets her in reverse.

13. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    It my understanding that the good man who went to war was the doctor not rorry. Also I don't think River will be a compaion because the show has hinted at how the only meet up for short times.

14. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Except the Doctor is not a "man" and after the verbal lashing she just gave him it's pretty clear she thinks he has his flaws. It's going to be Rory.

15. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    And there's supposedly that Amy and Rory are done after this season, so that could factor if true

16. VanDolPhan

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Well I wouldn't be surprised in the least considering companions don't really last long since the show came back. I would love to have Pond back for a 3rd season though. I think she's currently moving ahead of Rose for me.