Does Favre Injury Put Pennington in The Pro-Bowl?

5 replies

Irish Phin FanIrish Phin FanNew MemberOP
Dec 30, 2008, 08:41 AM

I know the Pro Bowl doesn't mean a whole lot but with Favre injuring his shoulder in week 17 does that open the door for Chad. If anyone deserves a spot it is Pennington. Favre didn't belong there in the first place so hopefully we get one more deserving Phin in the game.

Dec 30, 2008, 08:43 AM

Philip Rivers is first alternate (and deservedly so), Chad is second. So unless Peyton or Cutler pull out, we won't see Pennington in Hawaii.

Irish Phin FanIrish Phin FanNew Member
Dec 30, 2008, 08:55 AM

I guess I can't argue with Rivers either.

dolfan94dolfan94New Member
Dec 30, 2008, 09:15 AM

So we better hope the Colts make the Superbowl?

USArmyFinFanUSArmyFinFanForum Veteran
Dec 30, 2008, 09:20 AM

"dolfan94 wrote:

So we better hope the Colts make the Superbowl?

I would settle for us winning the superbowl and Chad not making the probowl.....just saying.....

KEkeypusherForum Veteran
Dec 30, 2008, 09:25 AM

Maybe the NFL could pull a "Dallas." Picking Cutler and Favre instead of Rivers and Pennington for the Pro Bowl was just a dream.