1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it bother anyone?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    That they could play like that NOW? They had double digit leads against DEN and NYG and blew both of them. Not to mention the awful loss in Cleveland. Win those games they should have won that they were up in and they'd be 4-4, one game back of first place instead of a big joke. There would be no "Suck For Luck". Maybe if they got creative with Reggie Bush in weeks 1-7 instead of sending him up the middle 95% of the time things would be a bit different. Or maybe if they kept attacking defenses like they did yesterday even with a lead instead of playing not to lose, things would be different. It's the main reason I can't wait for a new staff...we see what a new staff has done for the 49ers.

Even with problems at O-Line and in the secondary and with the coaching, they've still lost by the skin of their teeth mostly. I guess we saw what outstanding QB play can do for a team like the Dolphins...now imagine we had a QB who could do that on most weeks?

People will say a new coaching staff and new QB will not make this team that much better...but I can't help but disagree. Just look at the Falcons since Matt Ryan and Mike Smith. 11-5, 9-7, 13-3 following 8-8, 7-9, 4-12. People can knock them for not winning a playoff game, but the last time Miami won more than 11 games was 12-4 in 1990 when I was two. The Dolphins have made me pessimistic that whatever QB we take in the 1st round if we cant get Luck will be the next Leaf/Leinart/Russell...but we can still have some hope for 2012 I guess. I've never been more excited for an off-season. We're virtually guaranteed for a new staff, new QB and some new (hopefully better) pieces around...hope it sticks. Ross obviously had good taste in Jim Harbaugh, let's hope he can do it again with someone who actually wants to coach in Miami.

Afterall, the Bengals are in first place with Andy Dalton, the Lions will challenge for the division, the 49ers have the 2nd best record in football and the Bills are tied for first. Even without Luck if we don't get him we must have some hope for 2012.

2. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Enduring the rest of this season, particularly if we play ourselves out of Luck, will be an excruciating exercise.

3. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Winning doesn't bother me.

4. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Yes it does. I'm very annoyed that this team put itself in a position to where the first win of the season comes after they are practically mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. It bothers me that this team has me in such a state of indifference that I can't even enjoy a win.

It bothers me that after more than a decade of awful to mediocre QB play we have a blundering GM who still ignores the QB position. It bothers me that anybody in their right mind could think going into a season with Chad Henne and Matt Moore as your starting QBs could be a good idea.

dolfan32323 and Pagan like this.
  5. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    This is not a bad team .Its poor coaching , bad player decisions and most of all bad execution which has doomed this team to mediocrity.
    The new coach and hopefully the next GM will have a solid base to build on.

You already have a franchise LT and a promising C .All that is needed is a franchise QB.

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Well said both of you Aqua and CT. For one game (maybe two after the Washington game) we get to see how this team should be playing, even without Henne.

To me we played well because we got to their QB and protected ours. simple as that. Even M Moore can look really good when you give him that much time.

7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Well put. I know it seems like a long time ago, but before the majority of the board became fixated on the future of the organization, most of us thought we would be taking a step forward from last year. even after our first two losses, there was hope. Then it faded away but now I'm scared this team can win some games and really take itself out of the running of a franchise QB.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. It's the ultimate WTF...

8. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I am aggravated because Its almost a chore to watch the game now, although I will still watch every game. I want to win, but I know NOT winning should help us out MORE in the long run. As was stated earlier, its been forever since we mattered, and that sux. This year is already a waste...........again. The thrill is gone.

9. bgbdwolf31313

bgbdwolf31313 Junior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Hinesville, GA
    I dont recall anyone saying a new coach and QB will make this team better. Not saying it wasn't said, just I dont remember it being said. Personally Tony needs to go, he's way to conservative, and it's worse when he has a lead, he doesn,t have the killer instinct to grind your foot in their throat when you have the lead. As for QB, just by the play of Moore this week you can see what good QB play can do. Do I think Moore is the answer?.......No he is not consistant, If he were to play like this here on out, might make me change my mind, but for now it's show me.

10. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Its all bitter sweet...its nice to actually see the talent we have on this team. Its nice to think we might not have to completely blow it all up...its nice if we could break the losing culture that we have had here for the post few years....does it suck that it hurts or draft picks...yeah, but I sony watch the fins to see where they will draft....I watch them to see them win.

Its people own fault for concentrating on the draft before the season is even half way over.

bgbdwolf31313 likes this.
  11. bgbdwolf31313

bgbdwolf31313 Junior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Hinesville, GA
    Amen to that, way to early in the season to pin your hopes on a draft slot.

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

Larry Little likes this.
  13. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    You were 2 in 1990? MAN I'm old...