1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does jason allen read this forum?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Show up two weeks in a row playing great Jason and we'll stop flip-flopping on you.

felly smarts likes this.
  3. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    SCREW HIM!!!

Wait, he played pretty good against the Pack,

YOU TELL EM JAY!!!

4. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    It's a pretty disturbing trend on this team, from the top down to (now) players flinging **** at the fans.

5. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Oh, and...

I've supported this team and lived and died with it for almost 40 years; I'll say any goddamn thing I want to about it.

I have polyps in my colon older than Jason Allen. And more successful at their purpose in life.

6. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    fans arent happy after a loss? And they ARE happy after a win?

....Does not compute...

eric, Larryfinfan, Agua and 2 others like this.
  7. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

When you get a chance to listen to him talk, he is not the brightest bulb on the Xmas tree.

DolfanJake likes this.
  8. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Good speaking skills does not equal intelligence.

I don't see what Jason said is such a bad thing.

It's true, we do have some piss poor fans (just like EVERY OTHER TEAM) that overreact after losses... And some people do put Miami on a pedestal after a couple wins.

I'm not even saying it's people on this board either, I've seen some pretty exaggerated opinions in particular on the South Florida media comment sections.

9. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    I agree here bro, it says something about a players "inner" strength when they let fans get to them.

NaboCane likes this.
  10. Ozzy

So how do you tell their intelligence? By reading what they write? Because that's about all there is you know....

11. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    You shouldn't judge one's intelligence on their speaking skills... that's all I'm saying. I don't know how smart the guy is, but to base it off one's speaking skills or writing style is unfair IMO.

12. Ozzy

I never said Jason Allen is a dumb ****! I said he is not the smartest guy, and who the **** is he to judge us fans?

miamiron and DolfanJake like this.
  13. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I didn't say you said such a thing... I don't think he's judging the fanbase as whole, just a select few who are morons. Every team has them.

14. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    Especially ones that have Grid, Iron, and King in there username.

:tongue2:

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  15. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I believe you meant "in their username"? :confused2:

resnor likes this.
  16. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Oh I dont know Mat. I think its alot of BOTH. They almost seem to feed off one another.

17. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Who are any of us to judge him? :wink2:

18. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    So wait... some of you think its ok for us to criticize them, but not for them to criticize us? and the way we act? Hmm...

I'm alright with what Jason said, and I'm alright with what Sparano said last week too. Why? Because theyre right. Just because we lost a couple games, doesnt mean we need to fire everyone and start over. People over-react. It is what it is. If these guys want to use that internally now as motivation to prove the fans, the media, and everyone else wrong, then so be it. Whatever works, I'm all for it.

19. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    The fact is, fans are the reason he gets paid his huge salary. Even the lowest paid player on the team makes more than 95% of the fans that buy the tickets, buy the concessions, watch the games on TV that sell the advertisements that ultimately pay those salaries.

Jason Allen is an idiot if is critical of fans who ultimately pay for his sweet cars and living circumstances. I had dinner last night with a steelworker up in northern Indiana (Gary area), who risks his life with hot metals and cancer causing chemicals every day for about $50K a year and his job is every bit in jeopardy of being lost by Jason Allen.

Jason is a complete idiot. He has no basis for saying what he says when considered in the scheme of things. If people didn't want to watch what he does on the field then he wouldn't be potentially set for life (if he's one of reasonable intelligence and self control he should be given what he's made so far) for only 8-10 years of work.

Simply SHUT UP Mr. Allen. You have no clue about the real world. If a fan wants to criticize you - deal with it. Get some thick skin. Or, stand up and be a real man and go to work 60 hours a week in a factory with an equally critical boss and put your life at risk and live in a small house to put your kids through school and garner a small retirement.

Mr. Allen, as with so many ignorant athletes, is living in la-la land. Fans can pretty much say what they want. They pay his exorbitant salary and it's not as though he is contributing to the betterment of culture by running around on a field. Especially when he fails and those same fans have busted their butts to pay to watch him play.

djphinfan and NaboCane like this.
  20. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    as well they should imo. imo its the fans that need to look at themselves not the players.

21. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Why is everyone getting pissed of at him for saying that's what motivates him? People that doubt me motivate me too. He didn't name names so he's hardly talking to any of you personally. Let that man be.

22. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    Did you really just correct my grammar on a post I made at like 6 AM? That's pretty weak bro. :confused2:

And I believe you meant, "don't...it's...a lot."

finyank13, SICK and NaboCane like this.
  23. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Wait, you mean to tell me Pro football players have internets? They're stealing our internets?!?

SICK and Paul 13 like this.
  24. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I think you're reading just a little too much into what he said.

Just a little.

Steve-Mo likes this.
  25. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I may be in the minority, but I believe that if fans are entitled to state their opinions on players, then the players are entitled to say what they want about fans.

26. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    If Jake Long said the same thing everyone would be all, "Yea you tell those fair weather fans Jake!"

27. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    he apparently is in with Odrick... he must have got one of those Ipad thingermejiggers...

MikeHoncho likes this.
  28. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    hearing what he said... i think most of you are overreacting. Pretty sure he is talking about some fans, not all fans. Every team has them. Hey at least that link gave me a chance to see what Sparano said in his locker room speech in it's entirety. And the hoooooowl at the end gave me goosebumps. 53 guys believing in one another. From a mentality standpoint, that's good stuff.

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  29. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Davone Bess was asked this question today on first and ten..

Crawford ask's..... Davone, can you explain why your team is 3 and 0 on the road, and 0 and 2 at home?

Davone...no, I cant explain it..

we should all look at ourselve's as miami dolphin fan's and think twice about how we react in public forums...unnecessary negative takes on players can hurt the players, their performance, their families, and the team...everything we say has some level of impact on other human being's...

Ricky has been talking about how the media is out of control with taking negative approaches to their storie's, and I can tell, its starting to bother them...

Imo, this all stem's from, and is directly related to playing in the worst home field advantage in the league, {besides the cowboy's}. Its real, and its getting more real every day..

The proof is all there to see, some just dont understand the impact and residual affect it causes.

The players are now self motivated, we should see better play out of them this week at home...it is what inevitably had to happen.

Jason Allen needs to self motivate, get pissed off, and bring his best game to the field this sunday..

OB2 is the solution...

30. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, keep in mind folks this is JA's first real starting experience and with that comes the highs and lows, two great weeks.."JA we LOVE YOU!?!?" two bad games "JA you SUUCCKKKK!!!!" so imo he was simply commenting on the nature of fans attitude towards his play.

That and let's face it, the Dolphins have been poor at home, but they travel to stadiums like MN and GB and the fans always show up, win or lose, that sort of spirit left Miami this past decade with the two terrible seasons and 3 coaches who kinda sucked.

djphinfan likes this.
  31. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Completely agree.

If it weren't for the Dolphin franchise and my deep rooted fan ties to it since childhood I'd be completely done supporting all pro sports.

Sick of the attitudes, the dirtbags involved, the greed, the demands for yearly million $$$ salary increases while the avg. fans get priced out of the experience, etc. etc. etc.

They can all go get bent.

I'm all for a lockout and some scab football personally.

32. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    What makes you say that?

33. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Maybe he can't get a honorary club membership...

If he plays well.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  34. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Jason Allen is one of those players who people are very hard on. The guy can barely say anything to the media without being called out.

Jake Long is someone who is loved by people on this board and could say it should be legal for him to come to your house and eat your baby and people will justify it as a way for him to get ready to protect Chad Henne's blind side.

35. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Who do you think you are a dude with a Masters Degree of something..??

36. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Meh... I don't see it that way.

I'd be just as upset with Long.
    They have every right to say what they want about fans but if they are going to bad mouth the people that create the demand for their careers and millions I have the right to dislike them for it. Dosen't matter who it is.

37. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Then you are in the minority.

38. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Is he really talking bad about the fans? He says he uses the negativity of fans as motivation. At least in the paraphrasing.

39. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    You'd have to ask a majority of the fans to verify your opinion on that.

40. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    What would you call him saying "the so called fans"?
    I'd say that's more than talking bad about them it's an attempt to dismiss their loyalty to this team altogether.

Because a fan questions a players worth to their team makes them not a fan?
    Regardless of the lifetime of ticket purchases, purchases of team goods and time spent on the support of the organization?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.