1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Wake have the respect of the refs?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Nov 15, 2012.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    There has to be a reason that refs week in and week out don't call holds on the players guarding him. We have routinely seen guys have career days vs Wake by raping him, yet the flags never come. We see these happen on key downs in key plays, yet the flag never comes.

Why is this?

If the refs respect and acknowledge the talents of the player, they will look at these things. They say to themselves....hey this is Cam Wake over here....I need to pay close attention to the holds because I know he can get off on this guy at will.

Yet he hardly ever gets the call. You know the coaches have to be chirping to the refs about it, before and during the game. Yet he hardly ever gets the call.

Why? And what will it finally take for this trend to reverse and the refs actually start calling/noticing these holds?

TNphinfan likes this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I think it is due to the fact that their eyes are elsewhere. Most likely, down field looking for any opportunity to call pass interference on the secondary.

3. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    i think #91 is just invisible to the zebras