1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOLFANMIKE's last minute I wants list

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DOLFANMIKE, Apr 23, 2020.

1. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    As the Draft begins tonight I've found a few more players I really like. I'm not going to post where I'd take them but I will list the guys I've come to really like. "Risers" on DOLFANMIKE's list of hopeful DOLPHINS....

- OT Andrew Thomas (I was impressed with his film from the beginning), but after watching the way he handled LSU and other top competition I'm sold on Georgia's top OL. The guy could be the next Richmond Webb. His size, strength and footwork will make him an amazing LT for a decade or more.

- RB Dobbins... As a former RB and RB Coach I can't say enough how impressed I am with this kid. His slashing upfield style reminders me of former Seahawks / Penn State great RB Curt Warner. Love the player and love the person.

- OLB/SS Simmons from Clemson. His 4.39 40 at the combine really showed some amazing quickness that I didn't know was there. He can cover, rush the passer, and stop the run. He would upgrade our nickel and dime packages more than any player in this draft, and considering how often we use those formations it's hard to argue against his potential impact in our defense.

- SS Tanner Muse also from Clemson. The "other" Clemson guy. Muse had one of the top 40 times at the Combine at 4.42. His size (6'2 227). Some players get better and make more plays the higher the level that they play. Muse might well be one of those types of players. I predict big things for this guy in the NFL.
    Here is his combine breakdown on NFL.com listing his strengths:
    • Had a history at Clemson of finding the football
    • Finished with 14 career passes broken up and seven interceptions
    • High school center fielder with excellent ball-tracking when the ball goes up
    • Savvy and tends to smell a rat during misdirection and trick plays
    • Quick to diagnose and trigger downhill against the run
    • Good straight-line speed as a linebacker prospect
    • Pursues with proper gear shifts to leverage runner to the sideline
    • Wide and well-balanced in his tackle approach
    • Drops pads and wraps through a runner's thighs
    • Should be a four-phase special teams player as a pro
    - Center Ruiz from Michigan. I thought he was solid vs the big DL he faced but I really was impressed with how well he does upfield. That really can impact RB's making long runs more often. I like this guy and like all the players on this list, he's the ultimate team guy.

- QB Eason. The Washington product is my most "uncertain" prospect on this list, but he boasts the strongest arm in this draft, and when he is at his best he is a better version of the kid the giants took (Jones) last year. His rocket is undeniable, and Dan Marino spoiled me in terms of QB evaluations because anyone without the rocket and release Dan had always makes me poo poo them. I don't know about Easons release time, but he has the gun, thus he makes my hopeful list. He could well be the steal of the draft anywhere from the 2nd round on.

- RB Swift from Georgia and RB Jonathon Taylor Wisconsin - I've loved them both from hello, but I like them more today than I did in early off season evaluations. Taylor BTW had the fasted RB time in the 40 between the top RB's and clocked in at 4.39 (7th fastest in a very fast draft class). taylor's production and 40 intrigue me, but I think Swift might be the best RB in this draft and seems to play faster to me than both Taylor or Dobbins. I'll gladly take any of the three anywhere after 18 overall.

- DT Brown - A MONSTER that has only grown larger IMO. He would give us an ELITE group of 3 inside guys... and make us better against the run in a way no other player in this draft could match. Better than Wilkins? I think maybe so.

- FS Winfield from Minnesota. His instincts separate him from the rest. He has the ultimate nose for the ball that you hear about, and has a background that will make turning Pro seamless. He won't just be a quality starter, he's likely to become the leader of the defense at some point. Whatever team that lands him will also land a "fan favorite" to those that love the underdog. He will make plays at key times in the game and provide consistent wins vs WR's and QB's.

That's it. There are lots of guys I like, but any of these that Miami might draft will make me a extra happy DOLFAN.