1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolfans NYC takes over

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...-Stadium/910cc649-378b-4ad3-80f4-221c634c80ed

A large pool of aqua and orange flooded the sea of green in what was a spirited tailgate party that started three hours before kickoff. And the party even attracted Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, pop star and Dolphins partner Fergie and Dolphins CEO Mike Dee. A few Dolphins cheerleaders also made an appearance.

“I am so in complete shock,” said Michelle Starks-Kramers, who formed DolfansNYC and organized the tailgate and the group tickets for today’s game. “I knew what to expect because I bought all the tickets and had the numbers in my head, but to see it all happening is incredible. I mean I can close my eyes and imagine I’m back in Miami with so many Dolphins fans. I love this and this is what I’ve been working hard for.”

Starks-Kramers ran over to say hello to Dee at one point and bumped into Mr. Ross, and then she looked over and spotted Fergie signing autographs. That was an added and unexpected bonus to the day. “The passion of our fans is on full display here today,” Dee said. “It’s not often you go on the road and are greeted with this sort of reception. We’re looking forward to making this an annual tradition with our friends at DolfansNYC.

I have to go with them next year! But I loved hearing the "Let's Go Dolphins" chants on TV. Also great that the organization recognizes them, this has to be one of the biggest out of state fan "clubs" for any team....and its here in the territory of our biggest rival, and attracting recognition from people. :up: And its just going to keep getting bigger, I love that they call it a new tradition. The Dolphins get to have a tradition at their rivals stadium.

2. sloppyjoer

sloppyjoer New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    There's gonna be an implosion there for quite a while. The media and their big-mouthed fans are gonna cannibalize each other over this.

GOOD!

I facking HATE the jest and SOOOOO HAPPPPYYYY to have destroyed them in their own house. Let the circus begin!

Larry Little likes this.
  3. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Oh it will be even cheaper and easier to get tickets next year if the Jets implode. I'll say if...I dont want to jinx it. I'll be trying to get as many as possible to go and put more aqua and orange in the Jets seats.

Excuse me...Giants seats. It's really the Giants stadium still. More popular and successful team gets to claim it.

Bpk likes this.
  4. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Wow, I might check that out too next year, wish I knew I might have done it.

Bpk likes this.
  5. fins1

fins1 Sect 145 Row 20

Nov 25, 2007
    Port Orange, Fl
    Great job DolfansNYC!! The wife and I might have too fly up and join you all next year. Keep up the great work.

Bpk likes this.
  6. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Hopefully we'll get a pool of Aqua in Sunlife someday.

7. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    It's a sad day when Fergie is an icon to Dolphins fans.

8. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    ^I'll take her over a Fireman Ed douche any day.

9. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Haha, her group gives me a headache (though she was good with the Rolling Stones on Gimme Shelter once) but its cool she and some of the Front Office went out to meet and greet with fans in the tailgate at the Meadowlands.

Maybe if they keep winning more fans will return. Gotta build that trust up again after so many years of coaching/GM/QB changes.

10. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Did anyone hear the "Lets Go Dolphins!" chants?

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  11. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    This is the 2nd or 3rd time now I've heard very audible "Lets go Dolphins" chants in Jests stadium. It's so nice to shove it back in their face when they talk about taking over our home turf. Keep up the good work. And suck on this fat one Jets fan boys.

12. New_York_Fins_Fan

New_York_Fins_Fan New Member

Sep 12, 2010
    I was part of the crew chanting "Lets Go Dolphins!!"...could it really be heard on TV?? Reggie bush acknowledged hearing it from the sidelines in a tweet.

Anyone interested in the DolfansNYC.......you can got www.dolfansnyc.com or look them up on facebook.......what a great group of people who run this fan club.

13. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    I'm planning on going up for the Pats game on 12/30, which could be a very meaningful game. It would be great to see a bunch of Dolphin fans try to get a block of tickets and take over a section or two. It's just a few hours from NYC -- rent a bus and let's create a presence there.

djphinfan likes this.
  14. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I remember meeting these guys (the ones that started the group, Michelle and Igor) at the NFL Draft back when we drafted Jake Long. Extremely nice people.

15. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie

I thought I was the only one to hear those in the last few minutes of the game.

16. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    It was very good that the Dolphins corporate people shared their time with a group of fans... I would have loved to be there. Even for Fergie...
    However, Fergie is no Merry Clayton... though she did do a good job on Gimme Shelter.. One of my favorite Stones songs, right behind Satisfaction, You Can't Always Get What You Want,
    and Start Me Up.

Isn't it great how clobbering the Jests makes everyone feel bright and chipper?

17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This is how you build a culture.

18. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    People are trying to start a "Dolfans New England" chapter as well - https://twitter.com/DolfansNE

Hope they find a good bar in Boston for it!

19. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Hush yo mouf...

[video=youtube;5T0utQ-XWGY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T0utQ-XWGY[/video]

20. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    This from a blogger on ESPN...

[​IMG]

21. ScottishFin

ScottishFin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Oh man wish I had known about you guys when I was in NY a few weeks back. Had to watch the Rams game in a pub full of Jests fans. Was only a couple of blocks away from where you meet up :(

Always next time :)