1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphans Expectations vs Reality

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Southbeach, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    As I said, Long vs Ryan was/is debatable. Flacco is rated #15, Henne #17, and I believe Henne will be better. That's all ya got? JK

2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Flacco was rated higher in the draft. That's all that matters at that point in time. I think Flacco is a better QB at this point in time. I don't think that's even that debatable. I see and hear about his play a lot b/c I live 20 minutes from Baltimore.

3. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    As you know, I was talking the last 3 years. And the teams you mention had much more to start with, and were prior to what I asked.

You take three starters from the center of the OL from ANY team, and try to tell me they would be as good.

4. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    IF draft ranking is all that matters, we should have traded half our team for Jamarcus Russell. Could you try to get back to being at least somewhat serious?

5. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    An above average team ? :sidelol: in what area ? ST are a joke, NE exposed that, and got the ST coach fired. At QB ? We've had little to no scoring production from Henne. OL ? That part of the team never did pan out after Sparano & Ireland decided that it was their coaching, not the players ability that made the line 4th best last year. We all saw the run game fall tremendously off because they just think that they know it all, and now we have no running game, and have RB's that will be even older next year (unless we draft a stud in the 1st round).

Dude, stop with the rah-rah. We all love the Dolphins, but to be endlessly syrupy optimistic is just flat out ridiculous, and insulting to the people that post here with real concerns over the state of this franchise and where it is heading.

6. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    where are you getting these rankings? We've drafted one superstar since this regime took over. Two if you count Davis

DolfanJake likes this.
  7. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Jamarcus Russell was in the 08 draft? I don't see how the Dolphins FO's rating of a player in a draft isn't all the matters. You brought up the fact that statistically this season Henne is close to Flacco. I say in regards to where they were rated in the 08 draft that is irrelevant. I'm not so sure any team had Henne rated ahead of Flacco in the draft but who knows.

8. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    This makes little sense as it is the Miami FO's fault they don't have anything settled in the interior of the line by year three. Those teams don't have to use our starters there, they got better ones. How much did Atlanta have to start with? They were in shambles. I lived down in Georgia at the time. There was very little optimism around the team. New Orleans sucked too. Baltimore had just been 5-11 and lost to that 07 Fins team that was supposedly the worst team that ever played. They had to rebuild their offense and they took steps to improve the defense. Ray Lewis can't do everything. That 07 Fins team was bad but could have won more games without a clueless coach. They started with what every rebuilding team starts with, a few decent players and some high draft picks. These excuses can get crazy sometimes.

DolfanJake likes this.
  9. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I like the phrase that some one (maybe you Muscle) stated in an earlier post. The Dolphins since Dan Marino left have been trying to cheat at aquiring the most important position on the team, that of the QB. We need to sh!t or get off the pot on Henne. He needs to be worked, and worked hard the rest of this season, put in all kinds of positions of hardship to see if he is the man or not. If he isn't, then QB should become the # 1 priority in the off-season. NUMBER 1 !!!! Atlanta, Baltimore and NY understand this, and are now reaping the rewards of due diligence and finding the right man for their offense. Yes Sanchez is behind the others, but he also left school a year early, only started 16 games in college. He is very raw, but also has loads of talent, and scary for us, will only get better.

muscle979 likes this.
  10. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    The rankings were from NFL.com, and ESPN. They include FA signings and trades. How about yourself, and your rankings?

11. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    If you're happy with being the offseason champs, more power to you. I'd love to see results during the season one day. Maybe in my lifetime.

12. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    This is the exact type of things I meant in my earlier post. Fans who ***** and whine because they are impatient. There is not a damn thing you can do about it so go to a fan board and make everyone else miserable. A fine example of a Dolphin fan in desperation. Go root for another team if it is so awful bad because quite frankly we don't need you around.

13. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Jake, Good to hear from a self-appointed forum spokesperson claiming insult to all the posters here with real concerns over the state of the franchise. In all due respect, and based on MANY posts, I have to disagree with your speaking n their behalf. JMO

Now, if you are posting on your own behalf, I do understand. I have not been here very long, and cannot recall any positive posts I've read by you. I'm sure that is just that I have not seen them.

I am a realist, and see the progression of the team, as well as the development of "All The Young Dudes." I have tried to back up my optimism with fact and some stats, which can often be somewhat misleading.

I would suggest you try to do the same, in place of pointless accusations. I look forward to it.

Killerphins likes this.
  14. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Southbeach I don't agree with absolutely everything you say but most of the time you make really good sense with good reason. Keep up the good work. :up:

Southbeach likes this.
  15. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Killer,

That was not a very nice thing to post. We need all Dolphans. We just need to educate some who appear to enjoy posting nothing but negative things about our team. :)

16. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Thanks Killer. I have pretty much enjoyed this forum, and try to be realistic. I also try to back up my BS. LOL

17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    You missed to acknowledge my key word in my response...''expansion''

I know your intelligent, thats why I cant understand why you dont quantify the incredible void of talent that this regime inherited relative to the ones you speak of..

When they came aboard 3 short years ago, I would say the previous 5 were on par with some of the worst drafting teams in the league..

You've got to put that into perspective imo..

You are right, our GM has shown weakness, and iam on the record saying that iam not a big fan yet when it comes to his free agent eye, however, I think he gets the draft, and if you consider both men, Sparano, and Ireland are in their first go round, then you have got to give them a little extra space and time to evolve..

Just like a player, if you see the foundation could be right, you've got to use some perspective from the starting point, cause if you dont give the process the right amount of time, you could make a bad decision, based on a lack of perspective of the starting point.

18. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Their effort is admirable. They have attempted to do things the right way for the most part. I agree with that. They are just not executing for some reason. You have to be able to scout and find talent. And coach it up on the field. The team does not appear to be improving. Their shuffling of offensive line personnel is frustrating, for whatever reason they either are not or dont' think they're finding the right guys. Their should probably be a little more stability there in year three. They didn't have a ton of talent from 07 but they had some. I'm not a Joey Porter fan but he was a holdover and gave them 17.5 sacks. Vonnie Holliday was a pretty decent player too. Ronnie Brown had a good year in 08 for the most part. He was key to the Wildcat's success. Another 07 holdover. Of course Ricky was there. Will Allen, Renaldo Hill, all played well in 08 and were from the 07 team. Not to mention Yeremiah Bell. The lines were the weak links and they did a good job attempting to address those. But in the end the philosophy is not as important as just getting it done. I'm not advocating firing these guys right now. I'm willing to see what they can put out next season.

19. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    If you think it's any different on any other teams' message board, you're fooling yourself. If this type of thing bothers you, maybe you shouldn't be on the internet.

20. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Rick, So, if I understamd your thinking, optimism is worthy of bring called insulting, and having a problem with negativism is worthy of asking someone to leave? Sure that's what you are saying?

21. Pblmax99

Pblmax99 New Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Here's the difference...

in no particular order
    Darelle Revis
    David Harris
    Shonn Greene
    Mark Sanchez
    Brad Smith
    Nick Mangold
    D Brick Ferguson
    Matt Slauson
    Bryan Thomas
    Eric Smith
    Dwight Lowery
    Jerricho Cotchery
    Sione Pouha

Thats why Jets can go and sign some good free agents...and are 9-2

djphinfan likes this.
  22. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    No worries.
    You ever have a day when it rubs you the wrong way :lol:
    Snuff it out and move on......

23. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the internet & driving a car have much in common, they both have the capacity to transform its operator's character into an irresponsible, anonymous, rude & aggressive creature