1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphin brothers/sisters. Please relax, the season isn't over.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finzman13, Oct 13, 2008.

1. finzman13

finzman13 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    OK guys, I want everyone to just relax, and take a deep breath. OK, guys this Houston loss is nothing to flip out about. Trust me, Houston was no 0-4 team. Houston is a very good team, that just hasnt been able to finish games. Now, we lost to those guys by 1 point, It's no big deal. Yes I know we won the turnover battle, I know our secondary got torched, I know there were a lot of things that went bad in this game. But did you notice the good things? Our secondary and our LB corps came up with turnovers, Joey was playing hell in the Houston backfield, Pennington had a great game. Chad showed that he can march his team down the field in the final minutes and score TD's. He has a 98.8 passer rating, Camarillo was a ball magnet. There was plenty good that came out of thhis game. I'm upset too, but maybe this loss might just be a good thing. We have been high on winning the past few weeks, and maybe this puts a reality check into these players heads and shows them that they can in fact loose if they dont play 60 mins. It builds team character for our team in the future and shows them that they might need to hunker down and put that little bit extra in at practice, or study game film a little harder. Do you guys see what I'm gettin at? My point is, don't freak out, they can win them all. Lets put this loss behind us and set our sights on Baltimore. Go. Dolphins:knucks:

2. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    We just have to relax Houston is a good team better then a lot of people thought they have had a lot of close game and it just so happened that they won this one. We did good. People got to rember we are REBUILDING. Yes we got to great and convincing wins over two of the power houses in the NFL but we are still rebuliding. Give us a few years and we will be back on top.

3. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    This was a major job, to correct the mistakes that were made in past years, we knew that, Parcells knew that and I am sure Ireland and Sparano knew that.
    They brought in a lot of new players and got our salary cap in a good state. Maybe they didn't get all of the big name players we wanted that were available but they did so with maintaining the salary cap in a workable state.
    There are probably several players that wont be on this team next year as Ireland and Parcells bring in the talent we need.

4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    all I wanted this year was major improvement all around, players and coaching, many more wins than last year and for us to get the respect from the league back. And we are doing a great job of that so far. I'm loving the direction this team is heading.

Cosmic, baboo72, dolphindebby and 2 others like this.
  5. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I didn't get upset. We've already doubled our win total from last season, and there's no doubt in my mind that we're going to win some more games this year. The contrast from last season's team to this season's team is striking... and that doesn't change one bit because we lost on the road to the Texans by one point on a last-minute drive.

Sure, we should have won. However, we couldn't stop Johnson, and we played poor on special teams. That was the difference. You could also make a case that Porter actually ended that last drive, but the refs missed the call.

The Texans simply played a good game late, put together a good drive when they had to, and stole the game from us. It happens.

Let's a take a deep breath... it's not the end of the world. We just need to rebound against the Ravens. There are a lot of games left this year.

baboo72 and calphin like this.
  6. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

We are lightyears better than last season....

We are 20 secs from being a one loss team....heads up!!!!

calphin likes this.
  7. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    No way I get depressed or dissapointed from this loss. I think alot of us would have taken a 2-3 record at this point in the season before it started. We are still in the hunt in the division with two games against the bills, one against the jets and one against NE. We get Balt this week and a win here would be huge. Then we get Buff. This loss hurts a little but overall I am very optimistic about where we are as a team and where we are going.

Can't get too high on the wins and too low on the losses at this time

baboo72, calphin and anlgp like this.
  8. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Panic, no I didn't expect miracles anyways. We have a dearth of talent on this team and the Texans showed it. The issue I have is some shaky moves by Sparano. Why is Bess returning KOs and why can't we solve our punt and ko return coverage issues by now, poor defensive play calling. Our secondary was exposed by Arizona...why did we not continue to apply pressure to Schaub in that last drive like we had been throughout the game, even tho it was only marginally successful ?? Why wasn't Joey given some help in that last drive ?? I agree that Houston was not an 0-4 team and Sparano and co. should have seen the same. The D completely fell apart. And we are facing another strong armed gunslinger in Baltimore, and a good OC who'll take advantage of our weaknesses....