1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphin GM game in the making for next off season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Aug 20, 2012.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i don't know if a game like this exists and i refuse to google any ideas because if they don't exist googles sells the idea.

anyway, i figured we can take our team before the draft and we can all make our own draft, trades, free agent signings, cuts, ect. and compare it to what jeff ireland does. we can keep up with the stats and see who the better GM is. We would have to wait til a player signs a contract and use those same figures to apply it to our salary cap. in other words when we draft someone that wasnt actually drafted by the dolphins, or pick up a real free agent, we would wait to see what that players contract and cap hit is and make the necesarry cuts on our team to make sure we arent over the cap. we would draft players on the same day as the real draft and use the same picks the dolphins have. we would use the same days for the 75 and 53 players deadline.
    maybe one day this game will be a big hit and be used for fans of every team and/or fans of every team compete against each other to see how good of a GM they would be. this game would give every fan the fantasy power they wish they really had when they dont agree with their gm's decisions.

i am posting this now to see who all would be interested in a game like this and to discuss any rules or ideas and i will make a decision on all suggestions. plus i will need help policing it and updating stats and all that good stuff. a game like this would need its own website but we can all figure out a way to play it here with just the dolphins team and we can perfect it over the course of a couple of years.

2. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i've never played it but isn't this similar to the GM league we already have on this forum?

3. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    ive never seen anything like that in this forum. if it already exist in this forum i would play it. is it a thread that comes around at a certain time of year? i only come on here once in a blue moon when there is nothing exciting going on in the nfl.

4. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    it's listed under the Other Sports Forum: http://www.thephins.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?103-2012-GM-League-Forum

as I said, I've never played, but I've looked through the threads and those guys are on their game and seem to have a great deal of fun with it each year