1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphin Injury Update

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    * Soliai missed practice and the Dolphins signed two DTs to the practice squad - which may indicate they need some depth there for practice while PS nurses the injury.

* Chris Clemons also missed practice with an undisclosed injury.

* The real positive - all three DBs who have been injured - Patterson, Davis and Taylor - returned to practice Tuesday. That could really be big news for Miami.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/18/paul-soliai-misses-practice-with-knee-injury/

With Steven Jackson out, it will be interesting to see how the Falcons approach their attack on Sunday. They may try to play more wide open and put the ball in the hands of Matty Ice. If they do, the Dolphins will def. need their DBs at full strength. Particularly Patterson.

It will be quite a challenge for the DBs this week going up against ATLs two great WRs and Gonzalez.

emocomputerjock likes this.
  2. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    this is from yesterday though....thought there would be new info

3. CantinaJack

CantinaJack New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Washington DC
    hmm, I gotta think that maybe DPatt sat out the Colts game because we new White and J Jones were coming to town this week. Hopefully that helps him get all the way to 100% instead of the 80-90% he would have been last week.

I don't think the Steven Jackson injury is as big a loss for the Dirty Birds as some think. We've given up what? One 100 yard rusher in the last 3 years? And that was a speed guy in C Johnson last year right? I think they were never going to succeed on the ground against us even with SJ. However, now they may not even try to run the ball and it may work in their favor.

I think we did luck out though that their struggling pass rush will be missing two of its starters. A DE and a LB. We should be able to give Tannehill some time to throw, and open up some running lanes. I'm predicting a high scoring game, both teams in the 30s.

4. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

If we are able to get Taylor and Davis back, I'm still more comfortable with Carroll. I was comfortable with cutting both Marshall and Patterson and letting Carroll start. He's shown he's capable this season and I'm not sure the Falcons is the team we want to break out the shiny new rookies on. Carroll, Patterson, and Grimes would be good for me with anyone else besides Jimmy Wilson subbing in.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  5. mcdave21

mcdave21 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Carroll Has Def Looked Better So Far. If We Get Patterson Back For This Game, I'd Feel Much Better. Wilson In The Slot Would Be A Disaster. They Put Julio In The Slot Sometimes. :/

HULKFish likes this.
  6. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Agree completely. That's why I noted "particularly Patterson." I'm confident in the top 3 you note as well. And, would prefer Davis to Wilson as the 4th CB. I seriously doubt Taylor will be ready for game action given how much he's missed. But, the fact that he's back at practice is quite a positive development. Davis will give up some plays (so does Wilson) but can also come up with some big plays.

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    For years Atlanta struggled whenever they couldn't run well. Ryan just wasn't able to carry the team. Until last season when they finally were able to win some when the run game struggled. IMO Ryan is just one of those borderline QBs, so now that he has one of the best receiving groups in the league was pushed over into that near top category of QB. But this season with White ailing and Gonzo maybe a half step slower, I wonder if he'll have enough support to carry the O w/o Jackson.

8. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    If Nolan Carroll keeps playing like he has in the first two games, I think he's taken Patterson's starting spot and earned himself a contract extension.

I think this game might be a candidate for the Dolphins to roll with their Nickel package the entire game. Tony Gonzalez is an awful blocker, none of their other fullbacks or tight ends are particularly noteworthy, and Jackson is out.

Finrunner likes this.
  9. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    And their tackles are worse than ours.

RUSH 'EM.

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Patterson had a fine game against the browns..I wouldn't give his spot to Carroll after one good game against the colts, why so quick to demote Patterson?

11. Bofin

Bofin Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Signing 2 DT's has me worried about big Paul,,, when does the injury report come out today?

12. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    That's a pretty good idea and probably one the coaches are considering.

13. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

One of the DTs signed is Isaako Aaitui. He was the guy who the Jets signed after we cut him last year on the final cutdown, then only to see him get hurt the first week he was with the Jets. We had hoped to sign him to the PS last year, sort of like Francis this year.

14. MrClean

Here is our PS now. Who was cut?
    65 Brenner, Sam C
    44 Kovacs, Jordan FS
    78 Lapuaho, Al DT
    87 McNutt, Marvin WR
    86 Miller, Kyle TE
    62 Aaitui, Isaako NT
    76 Weaver, Jason OT
    85 Tyms, Brian WR

15. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I could never remember that guy's name.

16. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    De'Andre Presley.

17. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    It was a different CB cut this time I believe, because I'm pretty sure Presley was let for from the Ps for another CB.

invid and MrClean like this.
  18. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'm pretty sure he qualified it with "if he keeps playing like he has the past two games" so it wouldn't be getting the starting spot after just one good game. Additionally, we're far more likely to re-sign Carroll than Patterson given our past feelings on young vs old (not that Patterson is all that old).

19. MrClean

Right you are. He had good workout numbers too. His name escapes me at the moment. Where is good ol' Mississippi Lee when ya need him? :)

Devin Smith!!!

invid likes this.
  20. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    My bad! Per 'Mando

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#storylink=cpy

21. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    The QB that was on there last week was cut. I think his name was Austin Davis, from Southern Miss. As already stated, Devin Smith was the other.

22. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Brenner and Miller...practice squad fodder...lol

23. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I could see Brenner as a developmental guy that might take a Josh Samuda-like role next season just given his versatility. Kyle Miller...I'm with you there; I don't really understand that one unless they just don't see another TE out there worth developing.

24. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Some good news....

But in what could be promising news for a defense that shows signs of being injury-slowed, cornerback Dimitri Patterson (groin) and safety Chris Clemons (unknown ailment) lined up with the first-team defense, meaning they at least had limited participation.

Clemons didn’t participate in practice Tuesday; Patterson missed Sunday’s game but he’s been in practice Tuesday and Wednesday.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...isses-practice-again-20130918,0,2565422.story