1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphin Stadium

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by steveincolorado, Aug 31, 2008.

1. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Looking at the schedule, here's a bit of good news. We open at home against New York, then go on the road to Arizona and New England and we close out September with a bye. What does that mean and how is that good news? What that means is that the Dolphins only play one game on the infield dirt of the Marlins. Hopefully the Marlins don't make the postseason.:up:

2. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Well I hope they play at least 2 or 3 on the dirt. :wink2:

GO MARLINS !!!!!

3. IceStorm

IceStorm New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    I agree! Go...GO AWAY and don't come back. Get your own stadium. Or, there's a little league park down off of 3rd and Main St. Knock yourselves out. :tongue2:

4. drdolphin

drdolphin 17-0 Still Perfect

Jun 20, 2008
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Well I think we are prime to beat the Jets dirt or no dirt. If we don't get too excited and keep our heads straight dealing with the trip to Phoenix should be the 2nd win of the season. Going to New England in September means we don't have to go there in December so that is a plus. Maybe we get lucky and are 3-0 going into they bye? How sweet would that be...

5. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yeah but I saw the Miami Hurricanes playing on our field so it is going to get beat up like crazy this year. Remember what New England's field looked like a year or so ago?...it looked like a horse had plowed the field, and there were chunks of grass and dirt everywhere and what looked like potholes. Maybe the folks in the Miami area could fund a new stadium for baseball, with a roof. :yes:

6. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

That would be amazing but also not that likely. There is also a good chance we could be 0-3 after the 3 games but i dont think we will be. At least i hope not.

7. Miamifan1354

Miamifan1354 Not Good Enough.

Jan 3, 2008
    All this means is that we don't get the dirt and heat as an early advantage like we used to use in past years. Our kickers practice on the dirt, other teams do no. Our team practices in the heat and humidity. They get used to it. Not that we would have much of a chance, but playing NE in Miami on the third week of the season used to be a huge advantage for us.

8. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    You should'nt have said that around these parts.Lotta Dolphin-Marlins fans here.:wink2:

9. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Probably has too many seats, Marlins couldn't fill it. :lol:

Roman529 likes this.