1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphin WR has youth in Bess interest

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by bbqpitlover, Sep 30, 2011.

1. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I thought I would share this pretty good article I found Devon Bess.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...one_bess_miami_dolphins_mentor_program_092911

Bess’ biography isn’t unique by NFL standards. He grew up in a single-parent home with his mother in Oakland, Calif., while his dad got caught up on the streets. He was surrounded by crime, even seeing his uncle get shot in front of his home when Bess was 10 years old. He found a future in sports, eventually getting a scholarship offer from Oregon State after working hard to get his grades in order during his final year at Skyline High.

BlameItOnTheHenne and MikeHoncho like this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Fact: Davonne Bess came out of the womb on a Third and Ten-centimeters.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    DBess had one tough High School Coach, he was very lucky to end up on scholarship at Hawaii.

4. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Solid cat there. Always will be a Bess fan. Love those type of players, which is why I'm heavily rooting for Gates also. That story is great. Gotta start hittin him deep like Pitt hit Wallace his rookie year. Build the kids confidence to play at this level.

5. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    If we clean house, I hope Bess stays. God knows the Pats will snatch him up.