1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins’ Brown isn’t getting much respect

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 20, 2008.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Ronnie Brown is my favorite Dolphin. That said, any guy coming off an ACL is going to not garner much respect.

Yes, the article states: "Prior to going down with a torn ACL in Week 7 of the 2007 season, Brown led the NFL in multipurpose yardage with 991. That included 39 catches for 389 yards, which led all running backs up to Week 7. In addition, Brown was averaging a robust 5.1 yards per carry and tied his career-high touchdowns total, accruing five. Suffice to say that before he suffered a knee injury, Brown was easily one of the best backs in the league."

However, an ACL is still a very serious injury.

2. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    He didnt get much respect going into last season. Then, he was producing like crazy thus causing the respect for him to go up. All of that gained respect got shot down when he got injured. Without the injury he would be a top 5 rated running back in this league. They know he CAN produce, the major question is whether he can stay healthy or not. I love ronnie brown and hope that he has a successful season that is injury free and includes a trip to the pro bowl.

3. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    If he can make it thru the season without an injury, this will change.

4. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I think him and Ricky will split the carries early. If Ronnie can prove he is healthy and plays better than Ricky I would think he will get more carries as the season moves on.

As far as fantasy football goes, I'm not sure I would take Ronnie in the first round. I'd probably take a more sure thing and wait to see where he falls.

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I don't think he got much respect last year even when he was producing. Leading the league in total yards for RB's... nobody cared. nobody mentioned him at all. At least not that i really heard... oh well. Well let me backtrack for a second... the media didnt care. But im pretty sure some other NFL teams noticed though.. but i guess thats what happens when monkey's could do a better job writing sports articles than some of these so called "journalists".

Thats the beauty of this site. Alot of our members write better commentaries and posts than most of these so call journalists! :up:

6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    To be fair, he was playing on a team with ZERO wins. Who cares if a guy is lighting up the league if his team can't get one stinking win. The respect will come.

7. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    That is ok he will be a late round pick up for me

8. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    As I recall, Ronnie hasn't been shown respect since day 1. In the beginning, it was Cadallac was better then him, why was he drafted 2nd? Then it was he's a decent back, but again, was he worth the second overall pick. Etc etc. I think Ronnie was the one bright spot on the team last year, until he got injured. Once he's 100%, I'd say watch out. He'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder and will use that to his advantage.

On a side note, he is playing with my "son" and my son can make anyone look good!

9. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

it's o.k. i hope everyone underestimates every part of this organization. i hope we are expected to be the worst team in the league. when teams roll into a game with us thinking "easy win" and walk out all black and blue(regardless of the final score). by the end of the year, no one will want to play us.

Kanye West likes this.
  10. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    You guys crack me up with this "adopted son" stuff, I always have to do a double take.

I'd love to see the reaction of some player who might randomly come on here to see what fans are saying seeing this. Can you imagine Crowder scrolling through the threads to all of a sudden see some poster leading off with "my son Channing......" .

If Rob Konrads dad ever came back onto these forums he'd have to put up with a deluge of posters asking him how he got The Phins.com to allow him to adopt a retired player. :lol: