1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins’ coaching carousel must end with Adam Gase

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Jul 26, 2016.

1. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
  2. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I agree with that statement without reading the article.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    To say that I like Gase more than anyone else the Dolphins have hired since Jimmy Johnson isn't saying enough. I felt like hiring Saban was a deal with the devil, I didn't like Cameron or Sparano, and I absolutely hated Philbin. Gase seems really, really good. We'll see how it all works out.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    We have to remember why Gase got the job in the first place, his offensive ingenuity. I have never read where that was over-rated or fake. Philbin received a lot of praise for his work in GB, when in fact that was bloated and exaggerated. My only hope is that Gase evaluate this roster impartially. Everyone must be held accountable, even if it is unpopular. What I want from Gase, is what Peyton/Brees and Belichick/Brady have, which we saw with Marino/Shula. We need to have that combo for the next 12-15 years. That is at least is something we can hang our hat on every year, and just fine tune the roster. Teams like Pitt, GB, NE, and in the past with Indy and Denver were so successful for so long, because of that duo

dolphin25 and dolfan7171 like this.
  5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I would be disappointed if it ended with Gase. What about the next Head Coach, and the ones after that? Are they supposed to wait forever?

Regime change is our identity!

6. Bpk

By the way, this AM I was listening to a book about Michael Jordan and they said how leaders won't give someone else the 'big shot' if they **** it up the first time. Reminded me of Cam Cameron, GIVING another coach the head coaching responsibilities for a game. That man was so unfit to lead, KNEW it and was already trying to give it away even before we got started.

At least Gase FEELS like a leader.

7. Rickysabeast

Rickysabeast Royale With Cheese

Jul 26, 2016
    I also agree without even clicking the link. Gase must get us to the playoffs swiftly and we need to win there. Anything less then an AFC Championship Game birth by year three (and I think that's being very understanding) is a failure. My expectations are a wild card win this year, a divisional round win next year and being in a Super Bowl by year three. Now, I've been in this Phins fan rock tumbler for a long time but those are I feel fair expectations. Enough is enough. Winning is a culture that must be swiftly sowed for it to grow. Every year there is a team that goes worst to first in their division. Why can't it be us?

dolfan7171 likes this.
  8. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    :lol:

I was just listening to the poem; Dante's Inferno, the first part of Dante Alighieri's 14th-century epic poem Divine Comedy, told in the voice of Pee-Wee Herman.

9. Bpk

Sounds soothing

Sceeto likes this.