1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins’ draft selections speak volumes about current roster

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins’ draft selections speak volumes about current roster
    http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/dolphins/13884

hugoguzman likes this.
  2. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i'm not so sure they are happy with the current roster .... i think it just means that they concentrated solely on our needs going into this year.

CB we needed a starter and a better back-up
    WR i'll be nice and say average ... maybe we can nudge this group to true average to above average - and add some size to help Chad
    S solid starting tandem, but Bell does have an injury history ... enter Clemons
    TE Fasano is good, Martin is eh, and both are impending FAs, enter Nalbone ... who might need the year to fully develop
    T maybe they aren't all that excited about Carey returning to form .... enter Gardner, who may also help with unbalanced lines, etc

Roth's improvement, McDaniel's and Wake's impacts are all unknowns right now ...

DL should be no worse than last year ... and that was pretty good - less QB pressure.
    OL should be improved with the return of Thomas and a healthy Grove and Smiley ....
    RB very good ....

which really just leaves LB as our potential achilles heel this year ... i'm still a bit lost as to why we didn't take 1 of the OLBs -- and have to believe that it was a combination of Roth and Wake (with JT in the wings) combined with the requirement of CBs

3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the current roster is not a final product. the draft went well but is only another building block
    this is year two of a four year project. we have improved significantly & are already competitive
    we are taking form. the 2010 free agency & draft will reveal a contender

4. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Thanks for posting the link ATV! I figured some would disagree, but existing players like Soliai are already vocalizing what they think of the draft picks (and lack thereof at certain positions).

ATVZ400 likes this.