1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins’ new roster isn’t a new idea

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 8, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Much has been said regarding the sweeping personnel changes made by executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells, general manager Jeff Ireland, and head coach Tony Sparano in their first five months in Miami. The purge began in early February with the release of 10 players, including longtime fan favorite Zach Thomas. Since then, the team's new brain trust has been recreating the roster in its own image.

The Dolphins' front office has been active in cutting loose those who don’t fit into Miami’s future plans and bringing in “Parcells guys,” players who have played for el Atún Grande or who seem suited to the team's new style of play.

good read
    link to rest of story
    http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/dolphins/11162

brandon27 and njfinfan like this.
  2. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Bill, Jeff and Tony are doing what Jon Gruden with the Buccaneers. They're making the Dolphins their team.

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I just pray the current regime stays a few years, I'm tired of this constant turnover of personnel, OC & DC, HC, trainer, ad nauseum. We need some stability here, and we won't be able to claim that until the current regime has been here at least three years.

Larryfinfan, like2god and njfinfan like this.
  4. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    I agree. Definitely need some stability.

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I agree. personally i think thats been one of the major problems recently with our team. Stability is key, especially when youre trying to have young guys on the roster you're trying to turn into great players, especially at QB.

6. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hope that it works and we get a superbowl!:up:

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I thought Gruden used Dungy's team to succeed?

8. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    yep, alen1 you are right... Gruden used Dungy's team then destroyed it! I have more faith in this crew.

Still trying to get over the release of Zach though, that's a tender spot... Oh and no adequate replacement is on the roster. I guess there couldn't be though considering Dallas has to only equivalent replacement on their roster!