1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphins Adding Luxury "Living Room Suites"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finfansince72, Feb 5, 2015.

1. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    So, you see 24 of the 32 units being vacant every game? "Shocked" at 5mil implies you don't even think they'd get that. Selling only half of the allotment each game at half price gets them around $5mil per season.

2. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    No, not vacant, just not purchased. I'd bet that a lot of them will go to corporate partners and sponsors. For example, I am friends with some executives at Fedex, and they basically can get any open suites/boxes/seats at Redskin games they want.

Even for regular fans buying the seats, do you really think someone is spending $70k+ on those? Luxury accommodations in stadiums and arenas are usually negotiable.

3. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Negotiable, sure. But not at the rates you're talking about.

4. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Thats the thing, most of these boxes are for corporate clients to smooze and do business or provide perks for people that work there. If someone wants to rough it out they can still buy tickets for 50 bucks and sit outside.

5. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I can sit in my recliner here in Maui and watch the game on my 65 inch TV, with all the food and drinks I desire for the price of what Direct TV charges to watch every game on Sunday. I also have three of my own iPads in the house.

When I lived in South Florida, I had no problem sitting in the stands watching the games with the rest of the true football fans. Anyone who is willing to pay $75,000 to sit in this section of the stadium is merely someone with a lot of money who has no interest in interacting with the real fans in the stands.

Personally I don't really think the people who purchase tickets to this section of the stadium are real fans to begin with. They are merely individuals who want others to know they have enough money to afford to sit in this section. Why they would need a TV to watch the game when it is going on right in front of them on the field is beyond me.

I guess Ross wants to recoup his money as quickly as possible. So adding this section at such a ridiculous price probably is one way he feels he can rip off those wealthy enough to overpay for the so called luxuries of attending the game in comfort.
    It wouldn't surprise me if most of the rooms go unsold next year. Why anyone would want to spent $75,000 for the mediocre product Ross puts on the field is probably the biggest question of all?

6. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    LOL I re-read the article. Fairly certain that $75k is for the entire season. Makes more sense.

Stitches likes this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Waste of space

8. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    It's not that much space... the space is still being filled with fans (just not quite as dense as normal)... and isn't near the red zone where you want max noise. Plus, what really would be the tangible amount of noise difference by having a hundred or so less people in the lower bowl that will be holding somewhere around 30k? I don't think any...

It's a cool adder... will generate good revenue... and help us attract Super Bowls.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I ain't sweatin it, it's all just silly fluff..were gonna get superbowls regardlessof some living rooms for the rich folk..

No one gets the holy grail of venues except one.

10. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    How many times has that one hosted a Super Bowl?